Mten3 Black Carbon Special Edition

Didn't see this posted yet...looks really good.

Just got this email from EWheels. Gotway is making a special edition of the MTen3 with a carbon fiber look, possibly blacked out center too, hard to tell from the photo.

The 420wh is shipping out late September, the 512wh is expected to ship a bit later in October. Same price, $650/$1000.

9ud3k1jy1sm51.png?width=384&format=png&a

Ewheels has their page updated now...

https://www.ewheels.com/product/gotway-mten3-512-800w-motor/

As of mid-September, all MTen3s will be offered in all ‘Stealth Black’ edition. Other product changes, include:
– Lift motor suppression button, for carrying up stairs or curbs
– Uniform set of black side pads to match the new shell design
– Fitted with larger set of pedals
– LED light scheme changed from rainbow pattern to all white (the panels give the effect of a deep purple)
– Improved tire, fitted with a tube—there’s Pros & Cons to going with a tubed tire

MTen3-Montage.jpg

• Like 1

You had me until the tubed tire part. That sucks. 

Looking at the ewheels Q&A section further down the page they claim the sealant for the tubeless tire was causing some corrosion in the motor. I’d never heard of that and it sounds concerning. Anyone have that experience?

From the page:

• What were the reasons Gotway decided to change from a tubeless to tubed tires?  
    The tubeless tire required a special valve extension to add air to the tire, which some Owners struggled with. Additionally, it was found that the required sealant to keep a seal between rim & tire was causing corrosion on the motor over time. One other benefit of tube tires is that they can be used in a larger pressure range.
Edited by shellac

29 minutes ago, shellac said:

You had me until the tubed tire part. That sucks. 

Yup, no experience with either one but the idea of dealing with tubes doesn't thrill me, especially after watching marty's video when he did it on the mten3.

1 hour ago, RetroThruster said:

Yeah, they had me too til I read about the tube but damn, it does look good, I'll still probably grab the 512 anyways since I have an Mten3 fetish:)

I always like to think I'd choose function over form but this one is testing me on that....guess i should rewatch marty's videos with the tire/tube change and the conversion to tubeless again.

• Like 1