V11 - inflated speed and distance

Seba

3 hours ago, EUChristian said:

What else needs to be done to report...a PM?

I’m not affiliated with Inmotion, and I don’t know what their preferred feedback channel is. But there is info@imscv.com‎WhatsApp, Telegram, and PM to the authors in the Inmotion announcement section of the forum.

Edited by mrelwood

• 10 months later...
On 9/10/2020 at 8:17 PM, Seba said:

For example all Gotways returns real speed and this is what riders expect from the manufacture

I think I'm noticing a difference in the speeds of my GotWay MCM5 v2

di6oAKL.png  GqJJN1P.png  ZJ4uaHB.png  6fO4IRX.png

About 5-10% difference of the average riding speeds in my EUC world logs. Am I looking at the wrong numbers?

Edited by amomymous
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, amomymous said:

About 5-10% difference of the average riding speeds in my EUC world logs. Am I looking at the wrong numbers?

It's quite common that speeds reported by the wheel are higher that actual speed. This is why I added speed/distance correction to EUC World long time ago.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Seba said:

It's quite common that speeds reported by the wheel are higher that actual speed. This is why I added speed/distance correction to EUC World long time ago.

Didn't know that. Any idea what the correction should be for MCM5?

8 hours ago, amomymous said:

Didn't know that. Any idea what the correction should be for MCM5?

The exact % difference probably depends on your weight and tire pressure (since those change the effective radius of your tire rolling on the ground, so they change the RPM->speed conversion factor).

You could find a route that is mostly straight, and compare GPS speed to your in-app speed to get an idea of what correction is needed.

• Like 2

Companies that under report and over deliver turn out to make a legendary name for themselves. Companies that are known to lie shoot themselves I'm thr foot, when they come out with the new hot thing no one believes them. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...