V11 - inflated speed and distance

Seba

Most cars have 3-5kmh offset too from factory. They do this on purpose to avoid cardriver getting a ticket as spped/distance isn't calibrated every time you have different tires put on your car. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Most cars have 3-5kmh offset too from factory. They do this on purpose to avoid cardriver getting a ticket as spped/distance isn't calibrated every time you have different tires put on your car. 

BTW I've checked your tours and median GPS/EUC distance ratio is 0.93 too... :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seba said:

BTW I've checked your tours and median GPS/EUC distance ratio is 0.93 too... :P

It is because of vat....or tax. They put that on anything in Sweden and Denmark -_- but I don't care I love my rides anyway. I don't ride for speed. I have though raise the limit to 40kmh. And these rides I only think I have 2 or so logged with EUC.WORLD. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seba said:

I know homologation regulations that are applied for car speedometers :) They however doesn't apply to EUCs. For example all Gotways returns real speed and this is what riders expect from the manufacture - if a wheel is marketed as 55 km/h top speed, it should be able to reach that speed (of course with fully charged battery).

@Seba, the manufacturer tunes this for the stock tire they ship with, right? If there is enough shell space to fit a bigger diameter wheel, it should technically go a little faster, no?

6 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

@Seba, the manufacturer tunes this for the stock tire they ship with, right? If there is enough shell space to fit a bigger diameter wheel, it should technically go a little faster, no?

In theory yes, but I don't think there is room for tire bigger than 18x3. But even it it would be possible to fit 18x3.5 tire, it would make wheel faster by 5 % only.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Seba said:

In theory yes, but I don't think there is room for tire bigger than 18x3. But even it it would be possible to fit 18x3.5 tire, it would make wheel faster by 5 % only.

Hmmmm....

FWIW we do have guys here in NYC that fit slightly bigger tires like 80mm wide Michelin’s and Continentals that are usually slightly bigger in diameter, but yes, perhaps the increase is very small.

I haven’t been following, but does EUC World let you input tire diameter to adjust the speedometer? I imagine you’re getting RPM off the wheel’s Bluetooth, no?

• Like 1

Interesting. This should be very simple to correct in the firmware if Inmotion wants to. The error is too big to come from just a different tire when calibrated. If it’s not done on purpose to up the spec sheet number, then it’s probably just some guy half assing the code With an approximation of the circumference there. 
I really do wonder how it’s been done and if it has been calibrated. I also wonder how much tire pressure would affect. If they measured the tire when on the table maybe the effective circumference when riding could be different?? 

• Like 1

Same thing with some ebikes, bosch motor specifically (I have one) does it and the discrepancy is quite big, I even asked my vendor to change the tire size in the computer to make the offset smaller but still not gone. It's very annoying.

On 9/10/2020 at 1:56 PM, UniVehje said:

I really do wonder how it’s been done and if it has been calibrated. I also wonder how much tire pressure would affect.

I suspect that Inmotion either uses the nominal tire diameter for their calculation, or calibrates it with a light rider and a tire inflated to max-psi. Because rider weight and tire inflation level both have an impact on effective tire circumference (gets smaller as the tire is compressed more) the correction factor will be different for everyone.

45 minutes ago, lioku said:

I suspect that Inmotion either uses the nominal tire diameter for their calculation, or calibrates it with a light rider and a tire inflated to max-psi. Because rider weight and tire inflation level both have an impact on effective tire circumference (gets smaller as the tire is compressed more) the correction factor will be different for everyone.

LOL...I'm always so amused when fanboys try to talk themselves into everything.

Man, that's just bullshit, there are no excuses for that.

This is deliberately programmed wrong to pretend a higher speed.

All your arguments, even if they all apply at the same time, don't lead to such a big deviation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, buell47 said:

LOL...I'm always so amused when fanboys try to talk themselves into everything.

Man, that's just bullshit, there are no excuses for that.

This is deliberately programmed wrong to pretend a higher speed.

All your arguments, even if they all apply at the same time, don't lead to such a big deviation.

I'm a fanboy and don't care what the speed readout is.  It could say 1,000,000 km/s for all I care.

On 9/12/2020 at 9:33 AM, musk said:

I'm a fanboy and don't care what the speed readout is.  It could say 1,000,000 km/s for all I care.

I don't care also what the speed readout is, but I care what speed I can ride if this is a important thing for me! If I buy a wheel with advertised speed of 55 km/h (with special Firmware) instead of just 50 kmh, then I don't want a Wheel that can't ride that speed. For me speed is a really important part of the wheel and if I had purchased the V11, I would be very angry. 

But advertising a special 55 kmh firmware is so ridiculous, if the Wheel just reached the normal speed of 50 kmh with that firmware. 50kmh until battery drops below 80%, damn that's hard stuff for all buyers they thought it can ride 50 or for short time even 55kmh. 

Edited by buell47
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, buell47 said:

I don't care also what the speed readout is, but I care what speed I can ride if this is a important thing for me! If I buy a wheel with advertised speed of 55 km/h (with speziell Firmware) instead of just 50 kmh, then I don't want a Wheel that can't ride that speed. For me speed is a really important part of the wheel and if I had purchased the V11, I would be very angry. 

But advertising a special 55 kmh firmware is so ridiculous, if the Wheel just reached the normal speed of 50 kmh with that firmware. 50kmh until battery drops below 80%, damn that's hard stuff for all buyers they thought it can ride 50 or for short time even 55kmh. 

I agree with you. "Most cars have an offset from the factory" lol thats good because I thought I was buying a corvette. 

This is 100% deliberate and anyone here trying to say different is grasping at straws and I don't even believe you believe what you are saying. The deviation is far beyond margin of error. 

Whats good is if Innmotion has integrity its a simple software update. 

And yes, I put that right out there. 

Simple question Seba - what would the top speed of this machine actually be taking your calculations into effect?  35 drops to 33 and 31 drops to 29?

I want to be fair and as someone said above - if you don't care this isn't a problem for you and I understand that completely. I don't care if I have missing screws as I will check the machine and fix it. Others will think this is a bad issue because they do r want to take it apart. 

For me the integrity of the speed is a major issue as im buying an advertised top speed and want its promised performance. If a simple firmware update can be done for magical cost, why not just do jt?

Edited by EUChristian
  • Like 1

I really don't think it matters at all.

The biggest feature of the V11 isn't the speed. If that is your only concern then you brought the wrong wheel. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

I really don't think it matters at all.

The biggest feature of the V11 isn't the speed. If that is your only concern then you brought the wrong wheel. 

Understood. For you. For me it matters a lot. Quoting what is the biggest feature misses the whole point of my post. And we both know the error could be easily corrected...

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, EUChristian said:

Understood. For you. For me it matters a lot. Quoting what is the biggest feature misses the whole point of my post. And we both know the error could be easily corrected...

I with you on this. It is hard to come up with a justifiable reason to inflate the the speed.

Even if this wheel wasn’t “built” for speed like a gotway or Sherman, the 35/31 is a good threshold. The wheel feels less premium with 33/29. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, EUChristian said:

Simple question Seba - what would the top speed of this machine actually be taking your calculations into effect?  35 drops to 33 and 31 drops to 29?

"Fancier" mode advertised top speed of 55 kph / 34 mph will be 51 kph / 32 mph in reality. With "Fancier" mode off, advertised top speed of 50 kph / 31 mph will be 47 kph / 29 mph in reality. So after all, we still have a 50 kph / 32 mph wheel after activating "Fancier" mode :)