EUC rider killed by Bus driver in Ukraine

DjPanJan

Looks clear cut to me. Some bus drivers adopt the "I'm big you're small" type approach and just plow onward.

The EUC driver made a poor choice of forcing himself between the double parked truck and the bus. Personally I'd have popped onto the sidewalk in that situation. Neither of them slowed down, only the bus is 100x bigger so...

To me this looks like a very unfortunate situation where everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong.

Edited by Crooznfbroozn

On 9/13/2020 at 3:29 AM, Paul A said:

Bus driver probably would not expect anyone to be passing him on the right side, as the truck was blocking that lane.

This. Assuming the EUC rider was not in front of the bus at any time before the video and the driver didn't see him, there would be no reason for the bus driver to expect anything on the right after passing the double parked truck.

Adding on top of the blind spot/ sunset/ difficulty seeing a small person in the mirrors, etc

Very unfortunate accident :(

• Like 1

The rider got in front of the bus by a few meters at a point before the stop, not counting the shadow that stretches several meters further and is clearly visible on the road. (original video)

Considering the windscreens are huge in buses, when someone is 1-2 m in front of a bus that rider is clearly visible, the shadow much more so, unless....

... the bus driver was blinded by the sun (rearview/side mirrors?) or was wearing sunglasses, or was tired etc.

The driver is clearly negligent and shouldn't be driving.

As a rider, you should never stay long in the blind spot of other vehicles. If there is a collision, you'll always lose.

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to EUC rider killed by Bus driver in Ukraine