EUC rider killed by Bus driver in Ukraine

DjPanJan

I don't want to evaluate it, I have no right to it, I'm sad about it, it could have been me or you. Please drive carefully. Adam says everything important in the video.

Edited by RagingGrandpa
(clarified title)
  • Like 1

I don't know if the bus is right or left hand drive , he certainly could have been in his/her blind spot, the bus driver did seem slightly aggressive in overtaking and coming over on the EUC rider, I hope it's investigated.  Condolences to family and friends, very sad...

• Like 2

Sorry this happened, very tragic. It didn't look intentional, but its certainly careless driving. Drivers should be looking for cyclists and PEVs just as they would look for other cars. Drivers and riders both: pay attention to your surroundings. Always look and don't assume that you're seen.

• Like 2

WOw, that was an aggressive lane change. This is very sad to see. I've been run over by a garbage truck under similar circumstances, I survived, my passenger did not. I think we can simply blame the human element. My condolensces to the survivors. Im not sure 'murder' is a fair assessment, but I'm not going to impart much opinion on this one. RIP!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

Explanation to forum members I used google translator to translate the text in the title and the whole text of the post. @Marty Backe @Dgar @Hatchet

If it translated the meaning of the word incorrectly in English, let moderator fix it please , so I have no problem with that and I will be glad it's not about me or my post, it's about you, my friends from this forum, take care of yourself.

In my language, the sentence should be "Řidič autobusu usmrťil jezdce na jednokolce"

usmrťil = caused someone to die undefined intentionally / unintentionally it is a legal term in our language before the verdict of the court renders judgment.

Sincere condolences to the family.

Murder in english doesnt have the same meaining as it translates to. We call it manslaughter if it was unintentional. Im not up to speed on law, but whenever you say Murder, it implies intent of a nefarious nature. "killed" is more nuetral. At any rate, it is very tragic for everyone involved and I do really hate to see this. Using 'Murder" in the headline, does kind of put an immediate bias on the article.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

If it translated the meaning of the word incorrectly in English, let moderator fix it please , so I have no problem with that and I will be glad it's not about me or my post, it's about you, my friends from this forum, take care of yourself.

Replaced murdered with killed - hope that's it?

• Like 2

It's very difficult to judge from the footage what exactly lead to this accident, did one of them do an overtake or not? If the EUC is doing the overtake (which you aren't supposed to do in the inner lane) the bus might not even be aware of him but other way around if the bus did the overtake he should be aware, difficult to know since we can't see what happened before. Did the bus signal before turning? Why was the EUC so close to the bus could he even see if the bus signaled (even driving a car you are careful around busses and trucks because they have limited visibility)? The bus then did a very aggressive lane change probably because as you can see there is a badly parked truck blocking a lane and the dotted line transitions to solid line so he wanted to transition lane in time before he could not change lane anymore probably because he needed to make a turn in next intersection.

One thing I've noticed with a lot of EUC footage (not this one specifically) is that there is a lot of EUC drivers that ignore traffic rules or maybe don't even know about them due to lack of drivers license and thus education about traffic rules, same thing with cyclists, if you have a drivers license you have a different understanding what it is to drive a vehicle, it's all about planning, checking ahead, checking your blind spots, always trying to get awareness of your surroundings while adhering to the rules of driving on a road meant for vehicles. Unfortunately some car drivers forget these things over time but there is also a lot of people without a license that drives a lighter vehicle who don't understand and drive really aggressive, breaking rules on roads meant for cars which is very risky causing near or actual accidents.

• Like 2

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to EUC rider killed by Bus driver in Ukraine