amelanso

firmware updates - do u do them?

updates can move valuable software improvements to your machine but about the only thing that can brick ur wheel is a fubared update. i hv been reticent to do them but am i being overly paranoid?

I don't bother with them now, I've never had one that's given any noticeable improvement but had lots of problems with things not working properly after an update.

10 hours ago, Tinkererboi said:

Not anymore. But that's cause it's a kingsong

BOOM! I will NOT open the KS app and ill be damned if I'm updating the firmware. I dont trust the process, nor the company. My gotway wheel wont let me update and I'm thankfull for that. The sherman on the way, doesnt allow either. Maybe it sucks we cant update, but its also a blessing. No update, no way for the company to shit on my property and steal my ability to use it as I see fit. If it aint broken don't fix it. Hell, do YOU trust the company and the people behind it, to do whats best for YOU? Locksong has successfully put an end to my faith in the overseas market and its companies. Now if only we could get people to be as paranoid about installing cameras and listening devices in their homes, automated processes via web, 'smart' devices my ass, we'd be much better off.

Edited by ShanesPlanet