Gotway Kebye new name? Begode?

AND they're setup as a company called 'veteran'. doesnt matter what country, you probably have been in wars and have veterans. I assume it translates to that? Anything with a military connotation is somewhat universal if its well known. KingSong happened to translate well. Innovation sounds good. Maybe its NOT a Chinese naming thing, maybe its just a 'gotway' thing.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

So is the parent still 'Kebye' and then just the 'Gotway' part changed to 'Begode'?

No, both the company name (formerly Kebye) and brand (formerly Gotway) seem to be Begode now.

Quote from Website:

Dongguan Begode Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd., founded in 2014, is...

It was always Begode and has always been Begode;)

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 5:57 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

AND they're setup as a company called 'veteran'. doesnt matter what country, you probably have been in wars and have veterans. I assume it translates to that? Anything with a military connotation is somewhat universal if its well known. KingSong happened to translate well. Innovation sounds good. Maybe its NOT a Chinese naming thing, maybe its just a 'gotway' thing.

Apparently Veteran will name their EUCs after tanks, only the US, Brits, and Canadians (and Germans, but we won’t go there). The Chinese, Russians and French, give their tanks a simple model number. I don’t think the Sherman was named after General Sherman, since he burned most of The Confederate state of Georgia down. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GothamMike said:

I don’t think the Sherman was named after General Sherman, since he burned most of The Confederate state of Georgia down. 

Sounds like the perfect guy to name a badass wheel after. :lol:

On 10/12/2020 at 8:13 AM, Lefteris said:

Such a poor choice of a word..

They could have done so much better :-/ 

Fuc|< the choice of the word. They could have done so much better in terms of the trolley handle on their wheels...   I wouldn’t mind the lexical experiments then  ; )

• 1 month later...

Begode = Typical bad Ch-English for
BeGood

But....we all know how that ended up:
Begode

WHY? HOW?
?New? company is likely trying to fault Sherman by spreading bad rep as they KNOW they (begode / gotway) have caused several injuries and do not have the same quality (they can only reach the same speed at a lower Quality) as Sherman.
OR
Sherman is just a sub affiliate to see if they (Gotway/begode) can make a bigger profit by upping quality at a higher price (customer trial basically) or if both are needed.

Basically, China companies just want power. Money is power = They want Your money = What You say and more importantly DECIDE TO BUY will rule FOR or AGAINST quality. You willing to pay 20-30% premium for quality to prevent apartment for being burned down from battery fire or prevent a head trauma from internal shorts based on bad cable manangement?

What makes me think it actually IS two companies are the "out of the blue, 1 year in" sudden issues with Sherman tyres falling of the rim? I mean if this was an issue that would FOR SURE have happened allready early summer (june) - NOT in the winter (december).

Re-named company to BeGood cause they are such angels when it comes to caring of customers like, cable management, chassis quality, rim quality, app integration (thank god for EUC world that solved that FOR FREE for them...You know what I mean) 

If this was a car maker they would burn in court cases from users/insurance companies and other word wide car companies.

Now USERS accept low quality cause a single user cant do shit and they dont have a backup from (money companies) and they dont dare facing court as the COUNTRIES try to BAN them from enjoying life and EUCs. So we be fucked as singles, but as a GROUP (y)

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2020 at 7:02 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Pronounce it [Begode] in French, then it sounds fancy;)

OMg, they did! "Er-ou-eh" (I'm out of "Likes" again or I'd bang that heart button...)

"Glue Gun Gary" is still there taking aim...he's running low on supplies though, now that sales are down...
GW-0a.jpg.e4bf4b803141413eb2ff6e32e9356f55.jpg
Gary, the "Gotway Glue Gun Guy"

Gary's younger brother, "Solder Blob Bob" also stayed through the transition.
GW-1.jpg.843aa894fa5bdd5ef66e05796eca55c1.jpg
With the company name change Gotway's soldering tech is now known as "Be-goat-ee Bob"

(Note: Key-bye Got-away allows me to use their "Americanized" names on public forums)

Edited by WI_Hedgehog
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2023 at 4:18 PM, RagingGrandpa said:

(Gāo de wèi)

For all of us it's like "You've got the way!". Nobody outside of China knows how to spell Chinese.
A very cool fluke. Way better than "bigot".

But nobody is buying wheels because of it's company's name, so it doesn't matter.

Edited by atdlzpae

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 6:57 PM, ..... said:

yes King Song is a great brand name,in marketing perspective