Long Island, NY

kristof_explorer

Hi, I don't ride an EUC (yet) but I do ride a Ninebot S/minipro pretty hard on the trails, and would love some company. I might not be as much fun to ride pavement with at 16mph, but Long Island has some great parks & forests with well-maintained mountain bike trails to ride. I feel like I can keep a pretty good pace there! I dunno how likely it is that anyone around here even knows about PEVs, although I saw someone on a onewheel, one time, but I figure it's worth a shot. Come ride with me!

Or if anyone in the Northeast region knows any nice trails and forests and dirt roads, I'm thinking of planning a trip to explore further inland sooner or later!

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes I ride "very gently" in Long Island trails. My ride is usually around 10mph, any runner can be faster than me. :D

Recently I even added a cushion seat to my euc so the rides can be even more comfortable.

Riding with me is like going with grandpa, who is not much fun to begin with, but hey, I am available. :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2020 at 1:52 PM, Philip W said:

Sometimes I ride "very gently" in Long Island trails. My ride is usually around 10mph, any runner can be faster than me. :D

Recently I even added a cushion seat to my euc so the rides can be even more comfortable.

Riding with me is like going with grandpa, who is not much fun to begin with, but hey, I am available. :D

Hi Philip! I appreciate the response! I'm sorry it took me a little while to get back to you.

Hey, 10mph is not so slow to a segway, though on MTN bike trails I tend to push it a little faster, but not so much faster than a running speed. Plus, sometimes it's nice to just take it easy and ride -

And(!) there are also places like Rocky Point Pine Barrens which have some WONDERFUL 'paved' dirt roads, such a joy to ride on a surface like that without the pressure of cars around, and nice at any speed. Check out my friend and I cruising here if you haven't been: 

We're actually planning to go out again maybe as soon as tomorrow, which would be extremely short notice for you or anyone else, but I'm sure you'd be welcome at any speed!

Most DEC properties on LI are closing down for "MTN bikes" Oct 31, I believe, for hunting, so I'll probably be going out a couple more times between now and then, if you want to meet up sometime! I'm not sure how far west of the city you'd be interested in travelling; Rocky Point would be over an hour outside of the city, but if that's cool or you have another suggestion, let me know! There are other spots I want to check out that would be closer to NYC as well.