What does everybody do for work?

Dreygun

On 9/29/2020 at 6:59 PM, RockyTop said:

I just realized that this is a social forum. ...... I am going to change my answer to ........... Male stripper. ........ Wait , airplane pilot,  no there are too many real pilots on the forum.............Let’s see something technical, ...Something advanced ? ...... I know, Advanced electro mechanical trouble shooter and code writer guy. ......No .... Sounds too made up.  ..... Oh!!   I know!  , You know that guy they call the Stig? He races cars with a white helmet. That’s Me!! ;)

It's not Linked In, mate, no need to sell yourself here :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Automotive technician. Most recently, $10/hr no benefits, all my own tools, only certified tech in the building. Working for peanuts, affords me the luxury of not being owned. Piss me off, I can go flip burgers for $10 an hour (which I have also done). Also been an OTR truck driver, furniture delivery, fast food, meat packing plant, gas station, plastic injection plant, roofer, baker, stock clerk, cable installer and audio engineer. Ironically, college and a high school diploma came in handy for NONE of it. Worked a stealership for a while and thats when I learned that making more money comes at an ehtical expense I'm unwilling to make. I've no kids and life is great. My retirement plan is to not live that long...

Trade work should never be that low, that's crazy, and I totally agree with not taking higher rate at the expense of integrity. Good for you

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Those are the ones who live the longest! 😝 So make sure you keep away from helmets and other protective equipment when riding your Sherman backwards down the stairs 🤣

My wife says the same thing and it scares the hell out of me. I surely dont want to outlast her. We have a bet going and the first one to leave this spinning ball forever, wins! Only rule is you cant do it on purpose....

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Only rule is you cant do it on purpose....

Well in this case, I recommend you step up your game, from EUC to my latest new hobby:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swFhZyvjxik

🤣 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Well in this case, I recommend you step up your game, from EUC to my latest new hobby:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swFhZyvjxik

🤣

good idea, but did i mention... Im getting old and lazy? Flying with a weedeater motor and bedsheet was upping my game. Having a Sherman with my skill level was another attempt. I fear that adding a pogo stick to my toys, would push me soo far from being 'cool' that I would never recover. I shouldnt have sold the sport bike i guess.:cry2:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

would push me soo far from being 'cool' that I would never recover.

My point. The purpose was never being `cool’, it was being ‘cold’, was it nodd! And never recovering was the goal to win your bet, right?! 😇 

18 hours ago, RockyTop said:

She would park in the veteran’s parking space at the grocery store.

For her upcoming birthday you should get her a Veteran Sherman, spray paint it navy. She already got the parking space for it. 🤣 

• Like 2

Electronic Warfare engineering manager at a defense contractor. I also moonlight mainly on the weekends as a live production manager (live sound and lights) for a 10-piece cover band. The EUC has really come in handy on my show gigs by enabling me to quickly get around very large venues and outdoor performance spaces. It has also helped me in expanding my radius in finding adequate parking for my cover band's large truck and trailer.

• Like 3

On 10/11/2020 at 1:58 PM, Urban Wheeler said:

Club DJ,,, I played Old school 80's and 90's R&B   Classic house and Soulfull house,,, I also played in a couple of after hours but didn't like it

I have a lot of friends and acquaintances who are professional DJs. Mostly trance, and house.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...