Looking to buy a new wheel?

Beeny

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

The Gotway MSuper has no tilt-back, or safety beyond the audible alerts. Woe be to him who pushes the MSuper beyond the operating design speed; this was the principle reason why I opted not to stock the brand.

You do have to be more vigilant on the msuper for sure. @esaj 's custom gotway application lets you to set a custom speed alert. I have my second alarm set to 24 mph (gps 22 mph), which you can hear through your headphones, and it let's me know not go any faster. I've been okay going up to this speed if I am very familiar with the road where I know if they are no bumps that will either throw me off or overexert the motor. I've averaged 20 mph over 5 miles (gps speed) on smooth roads with the msuper with no problems.

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

The Gotway MSuper has no tilt-back, or safety beyond the audible alerts. Woe be to him who pushes the MSuper beyond the operating design speed; this was the principle reason why I opted not to stock the brand.

Yes Jason that kind of sucks what if you don't here the beep? Crash !!!!

4 hours ago, Beeny said:

Agree with you're saying but I want a wheel like gotway so that I never I need something faster later once I get used to it. Happy to up my price. Where's the best place to buy the gotway?

OK

May the Big Rider watch over you

9 minutes ago, BPINE said:

Yes Jason that kind of sucks what if you don't here the beep? Crash !!!!

If you install esaj's gotway application this is not an issue since the alerts will be through your phone, and you can hear it through headphones.

I keep reading "no tilt-back" on the MSuper, yet I can confirm that on mine, I do in fact get a noticeable tilt-back. I look down and can see when it happens.

What I can't yet define is why. It has happened with a full charge just starting out (then subsides within a minute or so,) at higher speeds on a full battery, and sometimes at a lower speed on less charge.

I am not purporting this is the usual "safety" tilt-back - for all I know now, it could be a warning of a failure to come. But my MSuper's pedals *have* tilted back, on more than one ocassion. And no, it's not me trying to slow down or ride backwards, lol.   It is present enough that I am aware of backing off and then pedals settle, or pushing enough to overcome it and accelerate a bit, then easing off allowing them to settle.

I wonder if it is tied to battery load, pack temperature, and/or speed. Maybe it's gyro related. If I can pin down circumstances when it happens, I'll bring it back up. For now, everything is running smoothly.

Then again, maybe I shouldn't have stayed in the Holiday Inn last year :lol:.

1 hour ago, h00ktern said:

I keep reading "no tilt-back" on the MSuper, yet I can confirm that on mine, I do in fact get a noticeable tilt-back. I look down and can see when it happens.

What I can't yet define is why. It has happened with a full charge just starting out (then subsides within a minute or so,) at higher speeds on a full battery, and sometimes at a lower speed on less charge.

I am not purporting this is the usual "safety" tilt-back - for all I know now, it could be a warning of a failure to come. But my MSuper's pedals *have* tilted back, on more than one ocassion. And no, it's not me trying to slow down or ride backwards, lol.   It is present enough that I am aware of backing off and then pedals settle, or pushing enough to overcome it and accelerate a bit, then easing off allowing them to settle.

I wonder if it is tied to battery load, pack temperature, and/or speed. Maybe it's gyro related. If I can pin down circumstances when it happens, I'll bring it back up. For now, everything is running smoothly.

Then again, maybe I shouldn't have stayed in the Holiday Inn last year :lol:.

That's scaring me. Tilt back? Very dangerous 

26 minutes ago, Beeny said:

Your scared about tiltback but your not scared about speeding and you want the fastest. Be scared first of having your first faceplant. It is very nasty. ;)

4 hours ago, logos122 said:

If you install esaj's gotway application this is not an issue since the alerts will be through your phone, and you can hear it through headphones.

I have the app but prefer not to wear a headset to listening for a beep I am busy heckling my buddies. lol  All that being said I don't even have an MSuper  can't get my hands on one yet but it won't be long now. I wear full protection while riding so I can take a crash if needed but would rather not unless I cause it doing something I shouldn't.

12 hours ago, Beeny said:

Tilt-back is safety feature. It's the machine trying to tell you to back off, so you don't push past its capabilities, and cause it to shut down - which is "very dangerous" when you faceplant :P

7 hours ago, BPINE said:

I have the app but prefer not to wear a headset to listening for a beep I am busy heckling my buddies. lol  All that being said I don't even have an MSuper  can't get my hands on one yet but it won't be long now. I wear full protection while riding so I can take a crash if needed but would rather not unless I cause it doing something I shouldn't.

I thought you already ordered a KS-18? It seems to have the tilt-back safety feature but with lower speed limit and is quite beautiful. Also has the optional seat attachment.

9 hours ago, SlowMo said:

I thought you already ordered a KS-18? It seems to have the tilt-back safety feature but with lower speed limit and is quite beautiful. Also has the optional seat attachment.

9 hours ago, SlowMo said:

No I never ordered one I am going to get an MSuper instead, waiting for it now.

Archived