Looking to buy a new wheel?

Beeny

Hi All,

My first post on this knowledgeable forum, Hi everyone.

I've been looking at electric wheels for quite some time now but need some direction. I'll be using it for evenings and weekend as a hobbie and wanted to know if the airwheel Q3 is any good?

What would you recommend apart from this wheel?

I'm a thrill seeker so a speedy good handling device would be preferred.

Ninebot  is this better than airwheel? 

Any other makes out there that would compete with Q3

Thanks

If you're looking for speed don't go with the q3. It goes 11 mph but above 9 mph it tilts back a lot and gets very uncomfortable to ride. I bought a 9bit e+ (first wheel was a generic 14 inch)  for my second wheel, and recently went with a gotway msuper for my third wheel. If money is no object and you don't care about a bigger wheel I seriously recommend the gotway msuper. The ninebot is great if you prefer a 16 inch wheel and you live in the US. If you are looking for a more compact wheel, and don't want to spend a lot of money, I would go with the ips zero. Kingsong makes a good 14" wheel also but it is a little more expensive.

I don't think you can get a better bang for the buck on a Ninebot One E+ for £385 on the sale mentioned in this thread:

Nevermind....deal ended at some point within the last few hours.

I bought a Q3 as my first EUC and regret wasting the money.

Have a look at my post in 'Brand-Specific/Airwheel/What's wrong with Airwheels?' (Second page)

Immediately following is a detailed answer from RichieV which will hopefully persuade you not to buy a twin-wheeled EUC.

I can't tell you which one to buy but there's plenty of discussion about just that on the Forum. 

1 hour ago, Beeny said:

Thanks for your reply.

I have a budget of £500-600 so was hoping to get the best for that price. Speed and comfort is key.

I take it some are expenses labels and cheaper alternatives would do the same job?

Cheers

With that budget I would go with the ips zero. It's fast (18 mph, although I wouldn't go over 15 mph on it) and very responsibly priced. It very comfortable too. 

5 hours ago, logos122 said:

With that budget I would go with the ips zero. It's fast (18 mph, although I wouldn't go over 15 mph on it) and very responsibly priced. It very comfortable too. 

Which ips zero? How would this compare to the ninebot or gotway?

The ninebot is awesome looking.

25 minutes ago, Beeny said:

Which ips zero? How would this compare to the ninebot or gotway?

The ninebot is awesome looking.

Check out this thread for pictures and specifications. I suggest you to buy the 340wh IPS Zero if you are going this route.

1 hour ago, SlowMo said:

Check out this thread for pictures and specifications. I suggest you to buy the 340wh IPS Zero if you are going this route.

Hi, thanks for the reply, is this a legit site? Anyone purchase a wheel from this site?

13 minutes ago, Beeny said:

http://www.electricunicycleonline.com.

Wheels seem cheap on this website. What's your thoughts on this website?

Its legit. But don't ask me about the delivery time. It may vary from 10 days to 2 months. If you are from UK, You can inquire with @Jason McNeil. His units will give you the best batteries and unit specifications.

1 hour ago, Beeny said:

Gotway Msuper seems to be the quickest :) I like speed.

Where's the best place to buy one from? The current model out is msuper2, is msuper3 coming out soon?

speed is nice, control is better, and safety lasts longest

a 16" like an IPS Zero or a 9B is maybe a better starting point if you're new to the game, and fits in the price bracket you've mentioned previously.

Please wear full protective gear when starting to ride

good luck

6 minutes ago, Jurgen said:

a 16" like an IPS Zero or a 9B is maybe a better starting point if you're new to the game, and fits in the price bracket you've mentioned previously.

Actually, the Zero is a 14", which helps keep the weight down ;) 

3 minutes ago, csmyers said:

Actually, the Zero is a 14", which helps keep the weight down ;) 

I always forget the Zero is 16", my IPS Lhotz is indeed quite a lump to carry around, but I like the way it gets you on sidewalks and over junk lying on the road

32 minutes ago, Jurgen said:

speed is nice, control is better, and safety lasts longest

Please wear full protective gear when starting to ride

good luck

Agree with you're saying but I want a wheel like gotway so that I never I need something faster later once I get used to it. Happy to up my price. Where's the best place to buy the gotway?

6 minutes ago, Beeny said:

Agree with you're saying but I want a wheel like gotway so that I never I need something faster later once I get used to it. Happy to up my price. Where's the best place to buy the gotway?

You can check out this shop:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/GOTWAY-18Msuper-680WH-880WH-blance-car-Electric-unicycle-Martian-car-Somatosensory-car-Thinking-vehicle-Speed-40/32374488450.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.69.O5U0P5&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7_79_78_77_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_1

1 hour ago, Beeny said:

£995 for the 850 VERSION including handle. Cool

It is the best wheel out there, IMO. Be very very careful riding it. I wouldn't recommend going above 12 mph for a while until you are very comfortable with the wheel and handling road variability. 

Archived