How to practice (balancing) before getting first EUC?

Rodo

Hi all,

I'm going to get my first EUC in a few weeks and I'm wondering what can I do to start helping my brain learn to balance (in a EUC). I ride a bicycle with no problem. I've never been on a skateboard but I've sky. I was thinking of buying something like a half sphere (of wood) and attach a piece of wood on top (flat side) that way I can stand on it and  help my brain get used to the idea of balancing in a EUC. I know is not the same. The half sphere can tilt any way and the EUC does not. But I can do it so I'm an inch or so off the floor to start ... lol ... what do you guys think? any better suggestions?

Thanks.

I made a thread just like this whenever I was first on the EUC hype. I don't know how you can replicate the balancing sensation of an EUC, I just focused on building up my general balance and leg strength through squats and light yoga. I also would practice leaning forward with heavy pressure on the balls of my feet with bent legs on flat ground. Whatever I could do to prep! Once I actually got started, it may or may not have helped. My first hour learning was hard and exhausting. Once I got a spotter for a hand to hold on to, I had it down in a little over 2 hours riding across the span of 3 sessions/3 days. So maybe it helped?

Don't worry too much about it, I'd say. No matter what, you're still gonna stumble off the wheel a good few times. But you'll get it in no time!

While I wouldn't get it specifically/exclusively for pre-euc training a Bosu Ball/Balance Trainer would be something you could get similar to what you described that provides good balance and general exercises.  It's still nothing like being on a euc, but improving your general balance/health definitely won't hurt your wheel riding.

• Like 1