OneWheel Pint

Gallitin

I'm biased due to having full-size OneWheels prior, but so far I haven't been impressed with the Pint.  Originally I purchased as a starter for kids and wife to learn on.  It's harder to stay on when learning to ride compared to the XR.  

Anyone else find a good purpose for it?

• 6 months later...
On 9/4/2020 at 10:24 AM, Gallitin said:

I'm biased due to having full-size OneWheels prior, but so far I haven't been impressed with the Pint.  Originally I purchased as a starter for kids and wife to learn on.  It's harder to stay on when learning to ride compared to the XR.  

Anyone else find a good purpose for it?

It's fun in my neighbourhood to explore places that I wouldn't bother checking out on my skateboard or bike or EUC. It has enough range to get to most of the places I run errands. I don't own an XR so I can't compare how hard it is to ride. Compared to an EUC is very easy to learn to ride though!

The main benefit of a Pint over an XR is getting a One Wheel for 50% the cost of the bigger unit.

Edited by VikB

29 minutes ago, VikB said:

Compared to an EUC is very easy to learn to ride though!

The main benefit of a Pint over an XR is getting a One Wheel for 50% the cost of the bigger unit.

My coworker has been deciding between a pint and an XR after letting her try my XR out. She got to riding in about 20 minutes. 

If someone wants a board stance PEV, the OW fits the bill. But you can get a EUC at the price of a Pint with the range of an XR. 

Any PEV is fun though. It seems lately more and more OW riders are going to EUC after realizing they want more speed and power. 

3 hours ago, Waulnut said:

My coworker has been deciding between a pint and an XR after letting her try my XR out. She got to riding in about 20 minutes. 

If someone wants a board stance PEV, the OW fits the bill. But you can get a EUC at the price of a Pint with the range of an XR. 

Any PEV is fun though. It seems lately more and more OW riders are going to EUC after realizing they want more speed and power. 

I just don't compare OWs and EUCs. It's like comparing skiing to snowboarding. At it's core if you want to slide down snow slope sideways the theoretical benefits of skis are meaningless same goes for OWs and EUCs. I agree you get better specs per $ in an EUC vs. a OW. So if you don't want to stand sideways and get that OW feel it makes sense to just buy an EUC. Well assuming you are prepared to invest the time to learn how to do it. My GF learned to ride the Pint in under 5mins. She's never going to even bother learning to ride an EUC.

I ride human powered longboards a lot and I run into rollerbladers a fair bit. I could come up with benefits to rollerblades over riding a longboard, but I'd never switch because I don't want to skate on wheels I want to stand sideways and ride my longboard.

Getting back to the OP's question...the purpose of the Pint in the OW world is to provide a lower cost option to reduce the barrier for entry. Theoretically the Pint's battery is also airline legal so I guess that's another benefit.

Edited by VikB
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think the Pint is better suited for heavier riders because it offers better torque. The same motor but smaller diameter tire. I also think the build quality is better. I naturally use the unicycles more because I've ridden them for so long(pedal). My oldest son has taken to the Pint. He has followed me and my youngest son into the MTB trails with the Pint. He can keep up quite well.