Is eWheels doing okay?

xorbe

12 hours ago, xorbe said:

Seems like both their scooter and unicycle product list has shrunk.  No Dualtron products.  No Monster.

If you pay attention to the business and look at things with a business mindset, you might figure out what's actually going on here ;)

• All new Gotway models, including the inexplicable RS "upgrade" from MSX/MSP, are going hollow bore motor. Perhaps instead of being just an "upgrade", it's moreso a change in motor supplier for a small mom & pop company that is famous for streamlining their whole product line for cost efficiency. Maybe it might not be the greatest thing to restock legacy product, especially if it's not efficient to procure more legacy axled motors, and with a newer large tire model on the way(?)
  • MiniMotors (Dualtron parent company), if you've payed attention to the scooter world, is notorious for bad QC, and is not the most straightforward to deal with. Then you see outfits like minimotorsusa, usaminimotors eating into the US scooter market, piggybacking on the namesake. Then you see eWheels is running with their own TurboWheel branded line, with social media promotion. Try connecting the dots here :D
Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 3

eWheels lost their ability to sell minimotors because the “official” vendors complained about  them. 

No big loss, Minimotors scooters (and scooters in general) are unreliable pieces of junk. For all the problems we complain about with our EUCs, they are nothing compared to what the scooter problems look like. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 6:34 PM, Blicky Te️la said:

Wow, is this true?

I know of pretty regular issues with Monster axles and cases, but I wouldn't know how any of us would quantify without word from someone like ewheels or speedyfeet.

Edited by AtlasP

They might be having growing pains. I know someone who shipped a broken wheel to them a few weeks ago and still hasn't gotten an update as of Friday. The mud guard for the MSP I got weeks ago hasn't shown up and I haven't heard anything about it.

• Like 3