Did your Ninebot trolley handle survive when you crashed?

Wondering if any 9 Botters experienced the crash while they had the trolley handle on the wheel. I plan to buy one but because of the protruding design I'm hesitant to buy... Do you think it is likely to survive in the crash?

ninebot-one-trolley-handle-installation-

The handle itself is pretty thin and flimsy, it's survived me dropping my wheel a few times but I don't think it would make it out of a serious crash. The clamp and bracket that holds it on is super sturdy though, so at worst you will probably end up replacing the handle but will be able to keep the bracket even after a bad crash. I installed my handle in the back which I prefer for other reasons but it would also be less likely to be damaged in a crash, which is something to consider.

• 3 months later...

I'm now on my third trolley handle (the trolley handle is in my opinion rather flimsy and overpriced but also incredibly useful, especially when using the tube/trains). 

Trolley Handle #1: Bottom section of tubing split (temporarily repaired with superglue and tape) where it interfaced with the second section resulting in the telescopic mechanism no longer working. 

Trolley Handle #2: Clamp bracket got crushed when practising hops/jumps (my fault). Clamp split when attempting to reverse the crush. Replaced with surviving bracket from #1. Did the same to the surviving bracket 2 days later (again, my fault).

I don't normally ride with the trolley handle attached (I take it off and put in my backpack). When practising large hops/jumps (> 24cm/9 inches) it may be advisable to remove the bracket as the clamp can get crumpled (as above).

(Apologies for replying to an old thread - I just thought it would be useful to keep the information on this subject in one thread).

30 minutes ago, Gil said:

I broke also one trolley handle. I replaced it with one coming from here. You can ask for specific dimensions. USD35. Stronger than the original.

Can you show us a picture of the trolley handle attached to your Ninebot?

I bent the he'll out of mine too. I wasn't as skilled as I needed to be before investing in one.  They are definitely flimsy and over priced but very useful indeed.

Edited by Jdestef

@Gil I've saved that particular seller in "favourites" quite some time ago. Before I've got my 9b1 actually)) Tried to find some way to transport the 9b1 when not riding it. That was before I found the OEM trolley handle.

I got a feeling that those handles ali-seller is selling are made of more solid/thick aluminium and not sheet metal (as oem one)? Colour is better match to "fast clamp" too? Or am I being delusional here?

The aluminium is thicker and mate. My first handle lasted less than a month. I have this one since october. It gets progressively loose but moderately.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad I found this thread - just managed to do my round trip commute for the first time but crashed at the end and killed the trolley handle ... grrr. I could have avoided this if I'd have pulled it out and stuck it in a backpack but I wanted to go without the backpack as it's a beautiful sunny day here. It sounds like it's worth buying the sturdier one.