MSuper2 HS 850W/hr video run (6min)

App speed!  No way I am going to see what actual cut-off max is with no gear - although I accept I might find it unexpectedly, lol

Maybe when it's cooler, and I find a secluded spot to wear my racing gear, or figure a way to string a 300' kernmantle rope and pulley system to a harness...

Either will make an interesting video :lol:

31 minutes ago, h00ktern said:

Maybe when it's cooler, and I find a secluded spot to wear my racing gear, or figure a way to string a 300' kernmantle rope and pulley system to a harness...

Either will make an interesting video :lol:

@h00ktern I wanna try to convince these people to let me test out the limit of the gotway on their equipment. https://youtu.be/M60WBaa-P_k

Definitely won't look at cool as the harness though 

3 hours ago, Villac said:

Nice fast cruise! You must have your beeps set higher than mine! (But I do have the MS version so I don't go above 33 km / h)

Apologies. I meant to answer this, but android seemed to be messing with the editor -

Yes. If I recall correctly, I upped level 1 & 2 alarms (but I don't remember to what) using Esab's app weeks ago. Then on Saturday's ride, used Gotways dual language app to kill both alarms (again, if I remember correctly, lol.) I think I remember monitoring the speed at the beginning, and a beep started at 30kph, and the four beeps at 35 kph - nothing extra over that.

Another thing I can confirm on my eu, it definitely has a tilt-back, but I have not pinned precisely why it comes in. Strangely, I can get it just starting out on a fully charged pack, then it stops within a few minutes, and will only come back later at high speeds. When I get down to two lights, it seems the tilt-back will come on at slightly slower speeds, maybe low thirties. I know posters have mentioned tilt-back, and no tilt-back. I am sure I get it - I can look down and see it. I am acually becoming fond of it - probably will come back and bite me in the ass :o

I'll double check what I do have set, but I have been using Esab's app to configure, & then using the dual language to monitor while riding. On my EVO lte, Esab's app quits when run in the background, yet the dual language app does not - I can kill the screen, or run it in the background while running a music app - it stays connected.

22 hours ago, h00ktern said:

A video segment running a HS this past weekend. No editing.

5 min cruise

I'm jealous of your nice weather in FL. Here in NJ we're hitting 40-50's now and at such speeds, need a nice windbreaker, gloves, hat, the whole 9 yards to keep warm. BUT my accessories kit for my sport cam finally arrived so I'm looking to do some filming when I get the chance.

No editing? No stabilization? Did youtube do that automatically?

No editing. Just off-loaded the video from the Mobius to a netbook, then uploaded to YouTube, made public, publish (I'm a nube, lol.)

I love it down here so much, that I'm thinking of retiring in Wyoming :D

Good video...  Someone here at the forum showed a quick howto on putting your speed and path  on the screen.  Not saying your video isn't great it is far better than I can do.    I'm trying to download my phone videos and cant even figure that out.  let alone edit

On my bicycle, I have dual Garmin Virb cameras and do overlays.  Mostly because I ride on the streets a lot and have been hit before.    The overlays do make a big difference. 

12 hours ago, h00ktern said:

Yes. If I recall correctly, I upped level 1 & 2 alarms (but I don't remember to what) using Esab's app weeks ago. Then on Saturday's ride, used Gotways dual language app to kill both alarms (again, if I remember correctly, lol.) I think I remember monitoring the speed at the beginning, and a beep started at 30kph, and the four beeps at 35 kph - nothing extra over that.

Another thing I can confirm on my eu, it definitely has a tilt-back, but I have not pinned precisely why it comes in. Strangely, I can get it just starting out on a fully charged pack, then it stops within a few minutes, and will only come back later at high speeds. When I get down to two lights, it seems the tilt-back will come on at slightly slower speeds, maybe low thirties. I know posters have mentioned tilt-back, and no tilt-back. I am sure I get it - I can look down and see it. I am acually becoming fond of it - probably will come back and bite me in the ass :o

I'll double check what I do have set, but I have been using Esab's app to configure, & then using the dual language to monitor while riding. On my EVO lte, Esab's app quits when run in the background, yet the dual language app does not - I can kill the screen, or run it in the background while running a music app - it stays connected.

If you are talking about @esaj's Wheelemetrics app then I'm pretty sure those alarm settings are only for the app. They won't adjust the alarms from the MSuper.  So if you close the Wheelemetrics app and use the Gotway app you can probably skip the step of using the Wheelemetrics app for configuring. 

@Cranium nice setup on your bike, not to mention good sustained 20 mph. (We do have a few more hills here in PA haha) 

If I had more time, I'd be less lazy about figuring out overlays! I have a bunch of potential sources: Gotway app, Wheelmetrics, Tracks, MyGarmin, Runkeeper, etc.

Thanks to all who are sharing their videos for good inspiration!

But this talk of tiltback brings up something I've noticed, and here is as good a place as any to post it. As I mentioned, I do not notice any organized tiltback on the Gotway Msuper2 MS, even when I get to the 30 km/hr continuous "didididididid" beeping.

In comparison, I do notice aggressive high-angle tilt back on the TG T3 I have ridden, and a slighter, lower angle tiltback on the IPS Lhotz Xima.

But here is my point:

many of our roads around here are in poor shame, with irregular pavement. It is what we used to call "alligated" surface when I was working in pavement. On this surface, I notice that the level of the EU gets a little confused so the EU is making tiny rapid tilts forward and backward, then quickly correcting.

I don't know if this is something particular to my EU, or if it is the motherboard balancing system getting confused by the rapid vibrations of the rough road.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Archived