Portable Battery to charge wheels on the go

Hello EUC community

I'm looking for a portable battery that I could purchase to take on long rides the may not have any place near to recharge my wheel.   Does anyone know of a battery that has an AC outlet and is powerful enough to charge my wheel an additional 50%?  I'm thinking something similar like what's in that link below. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WQN41V9/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_PWTtFb3F3W6XY

Hello,

Ive been thinking about this too and the power bank you found seems to be a good idea. Its about 8 pounds and "should" fit ok in a backpack. Now you would have to have a fast charger (standard has too low current) plugged in and connected to wheel while riding.

However this PPack was only 297 watt hrs so even if you have an gottway mcm5 or a tesla it wont get you to that 50% maybe 25-30% but hey anything is better than nothing. Im not sure for the cost if you can find much better without breaking bank.

This particular powerpack and many others have solar input option which i think is nice if you have a portable flex-solar panel.

Ride safe,

Thanks for the reply.  

It may make more since to just wait for the new Gotway Monster Pro and not even worry about Battery Range.  I'm excited about the new wheels now able to exceed 100 mile range.  That should be plenty for me to last even more that a day. lol 

Definitely,

Though the monster is a pretty big unit. Ive handled this one and its a great ride but the bulk is a nuisance. Id recommend the king song 18'' wheels like the 18l or xl. they have great power capacity and 2k-2200 watt motors but thats just me. Plus I think they are more reliable than GW.

Ride safe,

check out the battery backpack thread.  Their methods require a bit more DIY, but it'll be cheaper and more efficient than what you linked.

You are converting DC > 120v AC > back to DC.

Their method is direct DC > DC with a current limiter

• 1 month later...