KS-16X compatible tire list.

Llorx

And now I'm going to add my H-666 review. Bought via Superbuy from here: https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=543521525326

Mounting was easier than the previous tire I bought. Is a bit softer and the side that fits over the rim is a bit smaller, having less bruishing against the valve.

About riding, loved it. Really nimble, really nice grip on tarmac and offroading. Although I had a small drift on loose sand zone, it drifted way less than the H-5167.

Edited by Llorx
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 3:25 AM, Crooznfbroozn said:

Amazing work @Llorx

Anyone can weigh in on what is hands down the best off road tire for the 16x? (No adjustments required)

Finding muddy patches rrrreally slippery on stock tire. 

I was looking at getting one of the knobby tires but those chinese sites are greatly confusing me!

I'm going to buy a knobby tire now. Expect it to arrive in... one month? I don't know xD

Been riding with a h66 offroad and had no problem with small puddles, but want to start going a bit hardcore now.

EDIT: Bought @Tinkererboi one (here second link) via Superbuy. Aliexpress still don't has a 12/2.75 knobby tire :-(

Edited by Llorx
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Llorx said:

EDIT: Bought @Tinkererboi one (here second link) via Superbuy. Aliexpress still don't has a 12/2.75 knobby tire :-(

Found one on aliexpress eventually.

SG$ 22.34 | 60/100-12"2.75-12 Inch Tyre Tire + Inner Tube For Mini Pit Pro Trail Dirt Bike
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mq9Mpol

Btw I eventually decided to cut the side knobbies. It's perfectly rideable without cutting but rubs on one legged riding. Worth it and was way easier than expected.

Didn't notice any decrease in performance after cutting, even when going low enough to scrape the pedals.

Enjoy plowing right through thick mud and beach sand! 

• Like 2

On 11/3/2020 at 4:09 PM, Tinkererboi said:

SG$ 22.34 | 60/100-12"2.75-12 Inch Tyre Tire + Inner Tube For Mini Pit Pro Trail Dirt Bike

Btw I eventually decided to cut the side knobbies. It's perfectly rideable without cutting but rubs on one legged riding. Worth it and was way easier than expected.

Didn't notice any decrease in performance after cutting, even when going low enough to scrape the pedals.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, to cut the edges as I saw that on other wheels.

Damn I didn't noticed that tire on Aliexpress. I searched before buying on Superbuy but I guess I'm a bad searcher xD

On 8/31/2020 at 1:55 PM, Llorx said:

Hi,

I know there's a KS-16X post about tire discussion, but don't has an organized list with all the tires we are finding and mounting. I'm going to list the tires, any big or small reviews and where to buy them. I'm only going to add KS-16X reviews although the tire pattern is the same as other wheels, because the feeling from different wheels is also different.

When you talk about CYT, there are 3 models: H-5146, H-5167 and H-5102. I'm having a hard time discovering what tires you are talking about. Please reviewers, confirm.

• CYT H-5167 stock tire (Not sure if I'm mixing both reviews H-5167 and H-5102. Please confirm):
  1. @KAY GEE shop
  2. @DjPanJan shop review "Suits me very much. Feel more control"
  3. @eddiemoy review1 review2 review3 "No gyro effect" (Don't know if you are talking about 5167 or 5102)
  4. @mrelwood photos
  5. @Gaz Bon review/photos "Goes good on the tarmac. No gyro effect".
  6. @cyfur review "Extremely nimble"
  7. @Jon Stern review "Responsive, but stable"
  8. @Hibiki Mr.H photo review (There are 2 sub-models actually) "One sub-model has a tiny gyro effect. Love it"
  9. @stephen video review "Fast and leans good"
  10. @Wingo67 review "Does not give me safety at high speed"
  11. @jancellor review "Turns wider than C-1488. Less gyro. More stable. More safe at speed."
  12. @fschoova review "Very good tire"

• CYT H-5102 stock tire? (Not sure if I'm mixing both reviews H-5167 and H-5102. Please confirm):
  1. @phatmike shop
  2. @eddiemoy review/photos review2 review3 "The best tire"
  3. @mrelwood review (Don't know if talking about 16X) "Horrible"

• DALISHEN CX321 stock tire (can't find exact model):
  1. @eddiemoy review review2 "Gyro effect. More stable than the CST"
  2. @chrisjunlee review "Love the gyro but harsher ride" (Not adding the CST as is not a 16X review).
  3. @HarpMudd review "Getting better and better the more I ride"
  4. @Slashebeest review review2 review3 "Breaking hard, wobbles. Lower PSI rides better and less wobbles, but is louder. Loving it, specially the gyro."
  5. @Patton250 review review2 review3 review4 "Extremely agile and fun but feels dangerous and unstable. More stable than the CST. From 0 to 31 mph in the snap of a finger."
  6. @stephen video review "Prefer this. Makes the 16X unique"
  7. @Wingo67 review "Liked it very much"
  8. @DragonFZ review "Love it. Faster, smoother and more control"

• CST C-1488 stock tire.
  1. @RoadRunner shop review/photos review "Great tire. No gyro effect. In between CX and CYT" (I think the other tire is the CX321. Please someone confirm).
  2. @buell47 review "Scratches slightly if bend in sharp curves"
  3. @eddiemoy review/photo review2 review3 "A bit gyro effect. Maybe not impressed because I’m not a high tire pressure rider. In between CX and CYT"
  4. @mrelwood photos
  5. @ir_fuel review/photos review2 "Feels ok to ride. Braking confidence has increased. Cushy."
  6. @DannyK review "Rode fine. Without much gyro. More slippery on wet roads"
  7. @jancellor review "Turns tigher than H-5167. More gyro. Less stable. Less safe at speed."
  8. @traktori review "I can't handle this tire at all when there is any longitudinal structures on the surface"

• KENDA
  1. @phatmike shop

• CYT H-666
  1. @Llorx shop shop2/review "Nimble. Better offroading than H-5167"

• Cheap knobby tire 1
  1. @Tinkererboi shop/review review2 review3 review4 (Superbuy/cssbuy/etc needed) "Perfectly safe for the 16x with minimal to zero modifications. Overall positive. Amazing. No regrets."

• Cheap knobby tire 2 (Guang Li)
  1. @Llorx mounting problems

• Cheap knobby tire 3
  1. @Tinkererboi shop Looks similar as "Cheap knobby tire 1"

• Cheap knobby tire 4
  1. @Tinkererboi shop Looks similar as "Cheap knobby tire 1"

• DeliTire Buitenband
  1. @Lars Heeneman shop No review on the forum but on FB. Is a 2.125 tire but he is happy with it and says that works fine.

• Cheap knobby tire 5
  1. @Tinkererboi shop

Is  H-5118 chaoyang dalishen compatible with KingSong 16x? Looks similar to CX321. Thinking to give a try and see if I can get the gyro effect on this one! Wish me luck...

https://item.m.jd.com/product/29271202453.html

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 1:59 PM, Llorx said:

And now I'm going to add my H-666 review. Bought via Superbuy from here: https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=543521525326

Mounting was easier than the previous tire I bought. Is a bit softer and the side that fits over the rim is a bit smaller, having less bruishing against the valve.

About riding, loved it. Really nimble, really nice grip on tarmac and offroading. Although I had a small drift on loose sand zone, it drifted way less than the H-5167.

It says it's a vacuum tire! Does it work on any unicycle? I also found this one 

https://item.m.jd.com/product/29271202453.html

Does it work on Kingsong 16x?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing this! Do you think 70/100-12" or 80/100-12" would also fit with or withouttrimming knobbies? I am considering this one:

https://allegro.pl/oferta/opona-do-motoru-80-100-12-journey-p2006-55m-6pr-nh-9429193041

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Arek Gryglicki said:

Thanks for sharing this! Do you think 70/100-12" or 80/100-12" would also fit with or withouttrimming knobbies? I am considering this one:

https://allegro.pl/oferta/opona-do-motoru-80-100-12-journey-p2006-55m-6pr-nh-9429193041

This one seems unlikely to fit without trimming imo. Do keep us posted if you do try it out :)

• 3 weeks later...

This is a bit of a silly question maybe but can one use the original inner tube for these knobby tires? I ordered this one but the inner tube valve is straight not angled like the stock inner tube.

• 6 months later...

I bought this tire, installed it and without testing went on a 75km trip the next morning.
The first thing I did when coming back home was swap them out again because boy, that tire does NOT want to turn.

I consider myself a regular rider with 3000 EUC km's and I just could not make this thing turn.
I could almost pedal scrape and not turn at all. I let other riders with much more experience try and they also couldn't ride it normally.
When roads were only slightly slanted my wheel just wanted to hug one leg.

Even offroad (hard and soft sand ATB trails) this thing under-performs compared to my stock 1st batch tire.
Not only was I extremely disappointed but I also had to use at least double the amount of energy to ride my wheel with this tire.
Range was shortened quite a bit too, couldn't reach 50km when normally I could ride 70km easily.

Shipping was fast though, fitting it on my wheel went easily (re-used the original inner tube because of the 90 degree valve) and the fitment inside the 16X was perfect.

People riding along with me said I looked like a beginner with the arm-flinging-air-turns and made "kung-fu" sounds whenever I have to turn haha

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I bought this tire, installed it and without testing went on a 75km trip the next morning.
The first thing I did when coming back home was swap them out again because boy, that tire does NOT want to turn.

I consider myself a regular rider with 3000 EUC km's and I just could not make this thing turn.
I could almost pedal scrape and not turn at all. I let other riders with much more experience try and they also couldn't ride it normally.
When roads were only slightly slanted my wheel just wanted to hug one leg.

Even offroad (hard and soft sand ATB trails) this thing under-performs compared to my stock 1st batch tire.
Not only was I extremely disappointed but I also had to use at least double the amount of energy to ride my wheel with this tire.
Range was shortened quite a bit too, couldn't reach 50km when normally I could ride 70km easily.

Shipping was fast though, fitting it on my wheel went easily (re-used the original inner tube because of the 90 degree valve) and the fitment inside the 16X was perfect.

People riding along with me said I looked like a beginner with the arm-flinging-air-turns and made "kung-fu" sounds whenever I have to turn haha

I bought this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y1XFW4M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_dTH-Fb6CB55MX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 

Installation was a nightmare, I damaged 2 tubes, I noticed exactly the same, the turns are very difficult, I started with a pressure of 30 PSi and went down to 20, now I notice the difference, the turns are a little easier, not as nimble as the H666; what I like is that the irregularities, holes, potholes and others of the road, are almost imperceptible compared to the previous one. I'm in a dilemma right now agility and greater range vs stability and better ability to handle obstacles.

Edited by Mauricio

• 1 year later...