[EU] Gotway Nikola Plus Group Buy - roughly 1,500 USD shipped in the EU

Legend27

Hey everyone!

I'm currently trying to gather a few people for an European group buy of 5x Gotway Nikola Plus (100V 1800wh - 21700 cells) with a 3 amp charger. The price will be roughly 1,400 USD (8.700 DKK) shipped to me in Denmark, and then add about 100 USD (650 DKK) to have it shipped to you. That will make your total roughly 1,500 USD shipped (9.350 DKK). Please contact me to have the exact cost checked :)

As I'm unfortunately not able to pay for all the wheels prior, I'm looking for 3 other people that would like to pre-order one (2 spots already taken). I'm hoping/expecting to have the order placed sometime in the upcoming week, if everything goes smoothly.

When the needed people have been found, the timeline will look something like this:

1. I receive all of the money.

2. I place the order at Gotway. There will be a process time of about 7 days, and then 30-40 days delivery time to me.

3. I'll receive all the wheels and do a quick inspection to make sure they are all working properly.

4. I'll ship your wheel to you via UPS. Usually shipping time is about 4 days.

I unfortunately believe the only kind of warranty included is 14 days on manufacturing defects... Will have that confirmed once the total amount is reached :)

Quickly just want to add though, that throughout the 5000 km I've ridden on my 84V version, I've never had anything fail on me that wasn't my own fault. And in case you'll be unfortunate to have any issues, I'll be able to help with basically any repairs for a cost though.

I'll also be able to help, in case somebody wants to have any modifications done to their wheel. That could be getting the bearings and motor sealed, so you can ride in water and salt without any worries (TESTED). It could also be getting the griptape on your pedals replaced with spikes, which gives a noticeably better grip. Basically just your imagination that sets the limit.

After now having owned the 84V version for about a year, I actually have surprisingly little negative to say about it.

It has handled off-road, hills, jumps, curbs, pavement and whatever else I've thrown at it, without issues. It has great torque and also brakes very well. The shell and overall construction is very good, better than the MSP, and it has handled minor crashes very well.

The headlight is all you need in a completely dark forest. Rear light could be better though, due to the GW logo. Luckily it can be removed, and then you actually have a pretty decent rear light. It also has side lights, which are great for being seen by cars.

It has a trolley handle that has worked great for me. After a year of use, the lift switch is struggling a lot though, since It's just 2 small micro switches that has to carry 25+ kg. They can't carry that much...

The inner construction (wiring, foam etc.) and shell design is pretty good, however I still think there are room for improvement, such as more foam protecting the battery. I've never heard of anyone having problems with it though, just me that would like some more peace in mind :) 

I'd say that it's one of the better built wheels in terms of water resistance, however it still needs a few modifications for me to be able to ride in heavy rain and have total peace in mind.

It also has 2 speakers.

Lastly but not least, here are just some practical informations about the payment:

- All payments will be done in DKK (Danish Kroner) via PayPal Friends & Family. Goods and Services is also an option, however you will need to cover the fees.

Hope I caught someones interest :) In case you'd be interested in participating, please write below so everyone will be able to follow along.

In case you've come up with any questions, feel more than free to let me know! :)

Wish all of you an amazing day and ride safe!

PS. Please let me know if I posted this in the wrong category... :) 

I was thinking of doing the same a few months ago but then prices dropped and it all became a bit meaningless.
Too small savings for too big of a headache. It was different when the Nik+ cost over 2000 USD.

1680 USD for a Nik+.
Everybody gets their own wheel shipped to them.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000739595208.html

or Loomo

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000139012385.html

And you can probably haggle if buying multiple wheels anyway.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I was thinking of doing the same a few months ago but then prices dropped and it all became a bit meaningless.
Too small savings for too big of a headache. It was different when the Nik+ cost over 2000 USD.

1680 USD for a Nik+.
Everybody gets their own wheel shipped to them.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000739595208.html

or Loomo

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000139012385.html

And you can probably haggle if buying multiple wheels anyway.

I definitely get your point, but I still think 200 USD is a pretty good saving :) 

At first it was also just meant to be local, but there haven't really been the biggest interest, so now we gave it a shot here as well.

So far it seems like we're at 3 people in total, so I hope and believe this will succeed :) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey again everyone! :)

Thought I'd update this post... So it's happening! :D 
Currently 4 spots have been filled in, which means we're looking for one more participant. Is it you? :P 

Current status is that all wheels have been paid and are actually already in transit. They got shipped about a week ago, so hopefully they'll arrive in about 23 days.

Feel free to shoot me a message if you're interested :) All nice-to-know informations can be found in the first post.

Like stated in the first post, feel more than free to let me know if you have any questions.

Wish you all a wonderful evening!

7 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Please let me know when they arrive and you've still got an 'open slot'. 

What's abaout warranty?

I would pick it up in Denmark!!

I'll reply to your private message about getting the available slot :)

In terms of warranty, they will have Begode Gotway's standard warranty which can be read here.

I will be able to help with all repairs, however you'll have to cover the cost and I'll most likely charge some for the repair service :)

wT3COEX_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&