As far as I can understand, it is safe and change the max speed of the Z10. I need android mob and buy a code. is there anything more, apart from the procedure? 

Hi,

I got mine unlocked and really enjoy it better, special the extra battery time before it starts to reduce speed. I use my Z10 more for back roads and forest trips, and dont go that fast anyway. But I burned a couple of main controlboards and mosfets as some of the current limitations are removed i think. Also the new function enabeling to select the limit mode speed up to 20km/h is good. At wintertime it is amazing to ride, my favorite when 10 degrees C or colder, low tire pressure and full gear 😀 Looking forward to winter 🙂 recommend you to get a main control and mosfet board in spare as there may be some delivery time. Take a print screen when using ninetool as you may need it when changing boards. MRN76 helped me a lot 😀 Big thanks ! Regarding if it is safe or not must be up to other fast riders to input, I tend to lean more to difficult trails and technical riding to get the action, but with less risk.

8 hours ago, Tor 77 said:

But I burned a couple of main controlboards and mosfets as some of the current limitations are removed i think

Hi @Tor 77, been thinking of getting a Z10 just for kicks as the price has been coming down where I am. Was wondering if control board failure is a common thing with Z10 wheels or it's only an issue with "jailbroken" wheels? 

Also, what kinda range and speed are you getting with your unlocked Z10 and how much does it cost to get it cracked? 

Hi Tinkererboi,

The two times i burned my controlbords was my own fault i guess, one time had my daughter at age four after me in a bicycle trolly up a really long steep hill, the other time the pedal got stuck under a handrail support and jammed the wheel out of level.

Not sure if it is a bigger problem on unlocked wheels, I unlocked mine quite early to get the extra functions to select limited speed due to local regulations when running in public places and the less speed reduction when less battery power.

For the range I am not sure, never done any long range test, it holds long enough for me when I have a ride. The fastest I have gone is like 55-56 km/, but I do not run at this speed.

Anyway it is quite easy to fix it again, just contact MRN76 on telegram app and he will give you the current price for the unlocking, there are different versions and some with overcurrent protection also i think.