Weird Noise From Nik Plus HELP!

Recently I have noticed a weird noise coming from the axel of my Nikola Plus. It almost sounds like its its the tire rim itself. It seems to make a noise right as the air pressure valve hits the 6 o'clock position. This literally just happened today and is now noticeably loud enough when I and just walking with my EUC. Seems to be getting worse and louder. Actually is louder when the wheel is turned off.

It is not the normal motor noise from stopping and starting. I know what that sounds like and this is not that. I have not have any crashes or falls. When I am standing on the wheel and picking up speed I do not hear anything. If I do a spin test I do not notice it either, maybe because the wheel is rotating too fast.

Unsure if it is safe to ride and do not want to break anything. Sounds like it needs a good cleaning and some WD-40.

PLEASE HELP! Videos below....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukf1igFTa6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC59cjywAio

• Like 1

Hmm yes it does sound similar. I wonder how I could have cracked it. I do not weigh anymore than 160 lbs and I hardly go over ledges. I am attempting to disassemble my Nik Plus now but its taking me a while as this is my first time. Someone told me to check the bearings. 

Any thoughts?

The motor / wheel / tire /axle is pretty much an independent unit and controlled by wiring from the mb passing through the small diameter axle.

If the wheel doesn't spin freely then damage to (some place) it becomes the culprit.

I can think of several (early ownership) crashes where the flailing Monster pedals wacked the street. That force transmits through the pedal hangers to the axle.

I sold the first motor to a machinist who found it beyond his skill set to repair the axle motor.

Screenshot-20200826-095605-2.png

Screenshot-20200826-095701.png

Good luck...hope this has helped😆