Dgar

Riding one leg question

I am a pretty new rider. I got a KS 14D to learn on and have ordered a V11. I only have about 150 miles under my belt so far and feel comfortable with most normal scenarios. I have been trying to learn to ride on one leg but I don't seem to be able to get enough leverage pressing the inside of my calf against the top of the wheel. I was wondering...for those of you who had smaller wheels and have graduated to larger wheels, is it easier with a larger wheel? It would seem you could get more leverage because the top of the wheel would press higher up on your leg and maybe more weight to the wheel helps. As it is now, it feels like I need to bend my knee down pretty low to get the leverage I need against the top of the wheel. Maybe I just need to keep practicing. :confused1:

150 miles wow! Forget about one legged riding, I think you’re ready to learn handstand riding! :laughbounce2:

I can stand on one leg effortlessly on my 16" V8 as well as my son's 14" orbwheel. I think it's mostly a matter of having a good grip on the pedal.

Bigger wheels are generally more stable and the leverage point is higher up your leg, so it is easier with them. Larger pedals helps too. But continue trying, a bit by bit, inch by inch. All this stuff is about 1% of talent and 99% of sweat, blood and tears. :D

I think the shape of the wheel, and the presence/absence of pads has a much bigger impact than the actual size of the wheel. 

That and how grippy the pedal is indeed.

I can ride backwards, forwards and do 180,s,mount smoothly will either leg but really struggling with the one legged riding. Until I can do this I wont have mastered the Euc. Its like everything on an EUC ,its a process of time, practice and perseverance. I have seen @pico ride one legged and that is fantastic. Maybe he should do a tutorial for all us wannabe one-legged riders????:whistling:

That is pretty impressive. I have watched many videos about riding one legged but it still seems a little beyond my grasp. I can finally mount the wheel without holding on to something but it's a quick jump so my foot placement isn't great. Every time I ride I take time to work on trying to lift up one foot while riding. I've gotten to where I can lift my heel on one foot but any more than that feels like a disaster waiting to happen. Sometimes I wonder if my ankle or knee just isn't strong enough yet. LIke Zopper mentions above, it's 99% sweat. I'll continue working on it. In the meantime @pico, I'll keep my eyes open for your video!