Inmotion V11, Scandinavian perspective

mrelwood

I am one going back and forth between this and an MSP. I agree about the low battery behavior, I'd rather it throttle like a normal wheel over having a 300 watt limit under 30% too. 

Aside from the but picks though this wheel sound truly next gen, not the incremental improvement we've seen over the years. I know if I ride one I'll have to have it, of I never ride one I'll be very happy with an MSP haha. 

Having you say you will never ride the msx again really does say all that needs to be said! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

That S18 vs V11 video is pretty harsh, lol.  I was definitely hyped for the S18 over the V11 when they were both announced, but now that people have them both and are talking about them, and now that I have some real riding under my belt with the Nik, it seems like the V11 is definitely the better choice for me (even if the S18 didn't have all the problems it has).  I still think the S18 has the better suspension (flaws in the initial design notwithstanding), but it seems like it's best for performance riding, which I don't do.  A cushy Cadillac suspension, while it's like the worst thing ever (to me) in a car or motorcycle, seems like just what I want in an EUC.

I've been thinking about getting a suspension wheel lately because there's a great trail near me but it's so bumpy from tree roots under the pavement that it's just exhausting to ride.  I'm hoping the V11 will smooth a lot of that out.  Also, it turns out that riding kinda hurts my knee.  I'm not sure what that's about but @Unventor seems to be pretty happy with his V11 and his knee so yeah.  I don't tend to ride far and I don't tend to ride fast so the limitations of the battery aren't an issue for me.

I'm rambling, sorry.  Anyways, thanks for the informative video. 

• Like 2

On 9/12/2020 at 7:24 AM, Stillhart said:

A cushy Cadillac suspension, while it's like the worst thing ever (to me) in a car or motorcycle, seems like just what I want in an EUC.

Your can adjust the V11 suspension as stiff as you like. Less pressure in the negative chamber, more Cadillac. More pressure, more BMW. The main chamber pressure must of course follow a bit to achieve a proper riding height.

For example, my Cadillac pressures are something like 140/30, and my BMW pressures are 165/85. Even my BMW pressures refer to a slightly older model though... ;)

On 9/18/2020 at 10:21 PM, mrelwood said:

What a god damn shame they stopped manufacturing such a gem.

Yes, I totally agree with your statement/sentiments after trying desperately to track one down online!  Only been able to find 16x3 for sale still, but absolutely No Chance of finding an 18x3 for love nor money!!!

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 5:21 PM, mrelwood said:

To offer myself some consolation, I put on the ChaoYang H-666 I had as a backup. And what a consolation that turned out to be.

Very cool to know that! Do you have any rubbing noise using the H-666? This is a 2.5-18 one, right?

I am wondering if anyone ever tried to go tubeless for their V11. Any good?

3 hours ago, z3n said:

Very cool to know that! Do you have any rubbing noise using the H-666?

Not at all, fits perfectly.

3 hours ago, z3n said:

This is a 2.5-18 one, right?

No, 18" x 3". Motorcycle sizes have the width first, and a comparable MC size is 2.75-14. More info here: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/19313-tire-sizes-explained/

3 hours ago, z3n said:

I am wondering if anyone ever tried to go tubeless for their V11. Any good?

I used my MSX as tubeless for a while. Not even nearly worth the trouble. 18" EUC rims (14" rim) do not make the seal very easily.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Autumn is officially here, and the H-666 started to be a bit outside it's element. I started installing the IRC NS-26 (winter tire for scooters), but since I was at it, I wanted to try whether my studded trails/trials/knobby CST C-186 fits, or if I'll have to figure out something else for the snow and ice in a few months. Result:

CST C-186 (2.75 - 14) fits the V11 without any modifications!

Since the Sherman knobby Kenda K262 looks identical to the C-186, I'm sure it will fit just as well.

Since I'm not going to ride with studs any more than I have to, or start screwing out a hundred-something studs, I'll now swap in the IRC SN-26 (80/90-14). I just hope it will turn better than it did on the MSX.

I thought a 3" tire would be perfect fit ? 

Im tild  this is used also: 

I see there is one rider change V11 TIRE   K66 80 / 80-14  - also the Tønsberg ppl in Norway use stud tires.... Oh yes... C-186.jpg
Edited by Finn Bjerke
better more

Why not call this group/ thread  a "Northern perspective"  We dont like Canadians, Russians  or what it this about ?   Tires is interesting for many folks outside the overcivilised Scandinavian  sphere?  

Edited by Finn Bjerke
better more

27 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Im tild  this is used also: 

I see there is one rider change V11 TIRE   K66 80 / 80-14  - also the Tønsberg ppl in Norway use stud tires.... Oh yes... C-186.jpg

Just get it slapped on and show us the result😁

31 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Why not call this group/ thread  a "Northern perspective"  We dont like Canadians, Russians  or what it this about ?   Tires is interesting for many folks outside the overcivilised Scandinavian  sphere?  

I’m sure Russians and other Canadians will know that Scandinavian conditions may apply to them without feeling excluded.

How you can make “from a Scandinavian perspective” into that we don’t like other people and don’t find them civilized is beyond me. Virtue signaling?

Edited by null
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, null said:

I’m sure Russians and other Canadians will know that Scandinavian conditions may apply to them without feeling excluded.

How you can make “from a Scandinavian perspective” into that we don’t like other people and don’t find them civilized is beyond me. Virtue signaling?

1. Find  google 
2. Google "irony" 
3. I do love the scandinavian sanity but its of little relevanse for EUCs 
4. I also dislike hypermasculine turfpissers a lot but its a personality trait I dislike probably not a cultural  issue (google Big five  NEO-Pir if interestred.

Thx 4 comment mate. Im not sure I see the relevans.  

37 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

See here: 

35 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Why not call this group/ thread  a "Northern perspective"

This thread is about my personal perspective on the V11, so to convey actual information it should be bordered tighter still. I considered "Inmotion V11, perspective from the south-eastern part of the town next to the capital of Finland", but I was in a hurry to cook me some potatoes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...