New feature coming for V11 - Smart Watch

StuartL

I've just noticed that the @Inmotion Global  announcement regarding the V11 batch changes includes a simple throwaway statement that could be a game-changer for EUC apps:

The text says: "Inmotion Smartwatch Supported: It will be soon released it to the market. Please stay tuned. "

I love this idea.  I hate having to open my phone to get any stats about my wheel (in fact I'd go so far as to say it's often unsafe) and I'd love to be able to do basic wheel monitoring on my watch.

So, this post is really a feature-request for @Inmotion Global... Please do work on this feature and please do consider supporting these features that I would use every ride and love to be able to glance at my watch and see them with one look:

• Battery monitor/fuel gauge. Simple circular gauge around the edge of the watch?
  • Power consumption/regenerative braking effect.  Similar circular gauge around the edge of the watch?
  • Current speed.  Clear and legible at a glance.
  • Current distance.
  • Estimated distance to low battery (e.g. estimate to 20% battery).  Clear and legible at a glance.

Since I'm sure that Inmotion want to know what watch platforms are in use:  I use Google WearOS on a Huawei Watch 2.  I'm sure others will add their own feature requests and their watch platforms.

• Like 1

This page is probably updated less regularly than the changelog in the Play Store.

AFAIK v11 support was initially added in version 2.0.0.

Additionally, the changelog for 2.0.2 states the following:

Changes in 2.0.2 release:
• improved Inmotion V11 support

I understand the appeal of a first class accessory from the very same wheel company, but you are also "married" to that ecosystem now.

In any case, let's wait till we see the actual product!

Edited by Bill Kolk
  • Like 2

Love InMotion, but not trying to add something this specific to my gear locker  

I use Darknessbot for iOS and it has Apple Watch app for all of these things, and I can control my music and gps tracking app, even send messages/talk to people from my apple watch.

I am working with the Darknessbot team now to get v11 working. I think I might have been first DB v11 user and really miss being able to see my speed as I go along. :) 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have been trying to contact the Darknessbot team now to get v11 working as well. I have a V11 and would love to get this up and running.