One battery pack gets hot

Rotan

25 minutes ago, Rotan said:

Hi, I noticed that one of my 2 battery packs in the kingsong 14d becomes hot even when the EUC is off. 

Eucs only go into a standby mode, but the power dissipation is so low, that no temperature raise of a battery pack could ocure.

Anyone experienced this? What can it be? 

What's the shown voltage once fully charged?

Could easily be some internal damage of the pack? You did some visual inspection? Checked connectors and wires?

25 minutes ago, Rotan said:

hot

Ps.: If it really gets hot without load you should open the wheel and disconnect the battery! Or store it in a safe fireproof place, until the reason is found.

• Like 1

I opened the wheel and the battery looks fine, but it is a bit hot, I can even feel it without opening and just touching the case, one side is warm and the other is not. The app says 65,64 voltage

1 hour ago, Rotan said:

I opened the wheel and the battery looks fine, but it is a bit hot, I can even feel it without opening and just touching the case, one side is warm and the other is not. The app says 65,64 voltage

According to @AtlasP's comparison table the 14D has a 16s2p battery pack, meaning that each pack should be 16 x 4.2v = 67.2v at full charge and 16 x 3.7v = 59.2v at 50% charge.

Can you disconnect the two packs and measure them separately?  I'm wondering if one cell is damaged in one pack and the working pack is discharging into the broken pack causing it to overcharge some cells.

Whatever you do fire is a MAJOR risk for this pack and you should consider the pack a major fire risk until it's completely explained.  Get the EUC out of the house into an environment where there are no flammable materials (wood, carpet, furniture, etc).  I can't overstate this concern.  LiIon packs are no joke and fire is a real possibility.

• Like 1

Does the pack stop getting hot if you disconnect it?  That's your first priority: stopping the heat.  If, after disconnecting it, it's still getting hot you need to get that pack away from anything flammable :)

I don't know if the packs from the 14m and 14d are compatible.  I don't see it listed on the EUC comparison sheet and, of course, the exact pack configuration (dimensions, connector layout etc) might be different.

• Like 2