V10f still a good choice in 2020?

Hey guys, I'm hoping I could get some clarity in consulting some more knowledgeable, passionate EUC riders. 

After the whole 16x locking debacle happened I returned it and started researching what else to get. I consulted many great people with lots of experience but I'm still indecisive. 

Option 1. Inmotion V10f - to own at least for a year and a half for around 1100 EU. The primary use case is commuting around town so I doubt I'll regret it. I can also sell it for at least half the money in 1.5yrs so In my mind it seems like the cheapest, most versatile option except the obvious if pushed ~30km range. After selling it my thinking is V11 if it's polished by then. ( EDIT: It also has a new motherboard, tire, firmware and new pedals with the latest batch.) 

Option 2. Nikola+. Obviously if going this route I'm not planning on changing it at all for the foreseeable future. But the motor is older and overall albeit a proven wheel at this point I'm more inclined to get a V11 when polished. 

Option 3.??? 

I'll be happy if anyone else can either confirm my thinking about the v10f or perhaps even give me a better idea. 

Edited by Vulkov
Typos
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vulkov said:

Option 1. Inmotion V10f - to own at least for a year and a half for around 1100 eu. Primary use case is commuting around town so I doubt I'll regret it. I can also sell it for at least half the money in 1.5yrs so In my mind it seems like the cheapest, most versatile option except the obvious if pushed ~30km range. After selling it my thinking is V11 if its polished by then. ( EDIT : It apparently also has new motherboard, tire, firmware and new pedals with the latest batch.) 

Option 2. Nikola+. Obviously if going this route I'm not planning on changing it at all for the forrseeable future. But motor is older and overall albeit a proven wheel at this point I'm more inclined to get a V11 when polished. 

After two days of riding the V11 I can say that the suspension is a game changer. Aim for that if you're planning to keep the wheel for a long time. My spouse bought a V10F this year and I used to have one from the first batch. This later version was better and it has had some upgrades. It's not a bad idea to start with it, it's a great value for that price. And, like you said, it's probably very easy to sell later with good resale value. It's still a really good and comfortable mid range wheel. 

Another option for you is to buy a used wheel first but that might be too difficult to find. If you'd go straight to V11 it might take a long time to receive it right now. 

• Like 2

Of the two proposed wheels I'd swing towards the V10F.  I'm extremely biased and it's important for me to note that I have not ridden the Nikola for any distance.  I found the V10F more comfortable primarily due to its width.  I've now got many miles on my V10F.  It is (much) slower and less powerful than the Nikola but it's also lighter, slimmer and cheaper.  I found the V10F to be very torquey at near-zero speeds and for my use that's a great feature to have.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I just sold my V8F last week and was planning on ordering the V11 in Spring. Instead, I ordered a V10F last night with similar thinking of letting the suspension wheels develop a bit longer. 

I think for the price, the V10F is still valid in 2020. Its less range but its also lighter and its priced ok for the battery it includes when compared to the 16X. The InMotion brand is also at a premium over the Tesla and is only getting better so resale should be good when its time for o upgrade again. 

• Like 3

as owner of this wheel I consider V10F it's still an very good choice today.

Option3: but you could also try to evaluate Tesla v2 1480wh from AliExpress

it has more range...more speed
please read about it also here.

or larger thread here

MartyB posted on YouTube detailed video about this 1480wh GW Tesla v2

Edited by Meserias
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I previously owned a V10 and sold it to put cash together to buy the v11. I sold the v11 recently because I'm in the process of moving and I needed the cash quickly.  I found a really good deal on a V10F and will get that next week.

Like others, I want to wait and let the v11 bugs get worked out before possibly getting another one.

Edited by Senior Coffee
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I’m on a v10, it is my first wheel however I have test ridden kingsong and gotway and the most comfortable for me was the Inmotion brand so I stick to it. Sure it doesn’t top 25mph but for safety do we really need to go faster then that? Nah. 
I sort of regret not getting v10F but the extra battery didn’t seem worth the extra $400. 
so my opinion yes it’s still a great choice for 2020.