A few modifications that you might find interesting

alon av

9 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Very nice! I purchased an IPS Kahuna which has a handlebar just like that for my son. Unfortunately it was stuck in Hong Kong until now.

I didn't know the Kahuna had a handlebar, I thought it just had that super wide tire. How many EUCs do you have now, SloMo? :P

3 hours ago, alon av said:

Nice! I can see how the handle might make it easier to ride for a beginner. Looks like the dog enjoys it too!

1 minute ago, csmyers said:

I didn't know the Kahuna had a handlebar, I thought it just had that super wide tire. How many EUCs do you have now, SloMo? :P

Current EV's: 1 Electric Scooter ^_^ 1 Generic X3 Clone 170wh :) 1 Gotway MCM2S 340wh :D 1 Ninebot One E+  :mellow: and 1 IPS Zero 340wh :wub:

On the way: IPS Kahuna K1S with handle bar 260wh ^_^

SlowMo

I searched for the kahuna with the handlebar, could not find pictures, could you send a link or attach a picture?

I'm really interested how did they make it, I also wish you would get it soon as you can compare it to other EUC's .

It is hard to tell from video but it is a round tire, It is also hard to see that I have short stroke suspension too, was absolutely essential on the original Q1.

1 hour ago, alon av said:

SlowMo

I searched for the kahuna with the handlebar, could not find pictures, could you send a link or attach a picture?

I'm really interested how did they make it, I also wish you would get it soon as you can compare it to other EUC's .

It is hard to tell from video but it is a round tire, It is also hard to see that I have short stroke suspension too, was absolutely essential on the original Q1.

It has a solid flat wide tire which is very stable and good for kids.The handlebar is an optional accessory.

33c8809.jpg2a6nwd4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I have uploaded a few more videos + a video from a friend after riding for 10 minuets.

This video shows a closer look of the EU

You can see the suspension. The suspension is a huge help for the dual wheel EU. 

riding in the parking:

And this a video of a total beginner with  10 minutes experience on an EU :),  

Got the tire from ebay, pocket bike tire. It was very very difficult to fit it to the rim , spend a lot of time on it .

Also, because the tire diameter is larger then the original tires I had to cut the shells and make new longer aluminium bars that attach to the motor.

I am thinking about making and selling the suspension if there is  demand for it.

2 minutes ago, alon av said:

Got the tire from ebay, pocket bike tire. It was very very difficult to fit it to the rim , spend a lot of time on it .

Also, because the tire diameter is larger then the original tires I had to cut the shells and make new longer aluminium bars that attach to the motor.

I am thinking about making and selling the suspension if there is  demand for it.

I was thinking about the pedal height which might cause some instability when applied to EUC's without handlebars. Can you try it without the handlebar?

Just now, alon av said:

I can ride easily no hands, I was also bothered with the ride height, no problem.  

Cool, now the problem to face is that not all brands have the same pedal structure. Maybe this one is compatible with Airwheel X3 and clones? Could it fit a Gotway MCM2S?

On 12/24/2015 at 4:00 PM, alon av said:

I have uploaded a few more videos + a video from a friend after riding for 10 minuets.

You can see the suspension. The suspension is a huge help for the dual wheel EU. 

riding in the parking:

fantastic! may i know what brand of EU is this? 

On 12/24/2015 at 5:20 PM, alon av said:

the new longer alu bars that attached to the motor, is that for the pedal?  what about the axel coz the tire is much wider in diameter?

just curious but its a great mod.

On 12/24/2015 at 4:00 PM, alon av said:

riding in the parking:

is it a tubeless tire?

thx.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joel

Sorry for the late late reply, was on vacation :)

Answers to your questions :

It is an AirWheel Q1

The Tire is taller then the thin small original tires so to be able to use the same casing I had to cut the casing and locate them Higher above the wheel. that is why I had to make new longer Bars.

Because it is double wheel unicycle it has a wide rim so it is possible to fit wide tire.

Sadly the tire is not tubeless, I needed to order the specific tube for this tire and find how to make another air valve much more side way then the original one.

welcom

Archived