10 hours ago, Zombie Batman said:

A simple 4 sided wood box will do the trick. 

Inelegantly.  As a programmer I am not a fan of “brute force” solutions. The idea was to not have to put the pedals up or lift the wheel into place. I can roll the wheel into this without shutting it down or worrying about wheel runaway  

I will remake this one to 1/2 size. Which should still function but with a smaller footprint. 

I am sure the pedal heights amount the various wheels are not uniform.  I have measured the Inmotion V8 and the king song KS 18L. Does anyone know the pedal height of their wheel when perpendicular?

Edited by macrhino

Well, my stand now works with my New Inmotion V11 as well. 

IMG-1275.jpg

Black Crow stands are great 

CFD1E78D-2BE2-43AD-A994-1234A6F7BAB3.jpeg

On 9/9/2020 at 9:47 PM, Zombie Batman said:

I like it!!   Way to think outside the .........   When I designed my stand I was actually thinking about the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket and cutting out what was not needed. 

We need a better "roll-on design for the super heavy wheels "so we dont have to lift them on and off stands. Any ideas??

6 minutes ago, Daley1 said:

We need a better "roll-on design for the super heavy wheels "so we dont have to lift them on and off stands. Any ideas??

I was thinking that too for my sherman. In the end tho, I just made a regular stand. Its not too bad to lift the damn thing only 6". For those with back problems, I'd imagine a wood block and leave it rest on the floor would suffic e? I can see it now. An over-engineered stand with electric lift abilities.. Too bad the sherm doesnt have a usb port on it for power.. Maybe use the wheel to spin a drum that lifts until contact is removed.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

We could put 4 small pneumatic pistons on the EUC that lift

2 hours ago, Daley1 said:

Indeed, with a slope for the tire that roll it up over the stand, then goes down to put it at the right place. 

54 minutes ago, null said:

Indeed, with a slope for the tire that roll it up over the stand, then goes down to put it at the right place. 

While this is possible the tire would have to not leave the ground any point. If the wheel simply dropped into place with the tire off the ground the EUC would spin up to speed and cut out. 

Maybe an upslope to roll in and a downslope to resting-place.To get it out u power on and wheel upslope then downslope and out!.If anyone makes one this is my intellectual property!lol:smartass:

11 hours ago, RockyTop said:

While this is possible the tire would have to not leave the ground any point. If the wheel simply dropped into place with the tire off the ground the EUC would spin up to speed and cut out. 

True, and it would be difficult to make a fit so close the wheel is always held. It could be done with the wheel powered off and a little more effort though. Or the slope could be half springy.

Else maybe a system where the EUC is inserted tilted then raised assisting a lift that locks it in place.
Or maybe just manually, tilt the EUC, slap on the stand and tilt it back.

Or something that raises from underneath but it gets more complex.

edit: Tilt system, probably overseeing some proportions but maybe something to get out of it:

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 14.18.33.png

Edited by null