EUC Stands

Urban Wheeler

10 hours ago, Zombie Batman said:

A simple 4 sided wood box will do the trick. 

Inelegantly.  As a programmer I am not a fan of “brute force” solutions. The idea was to not have to put the pedals up or lift the wheel into place. I can roll the wheel into this without shutting it down or worrying about wheel runaway  

I will remake this one to 1/2 size. Which should still function but with a smaller footprint. 

I am sure the pedal heights amount the various wheels are not uniform.  I have measured the Inmotion V8 and the king song KS 18L. Does anyone know the pedal height of their wheel when perpendicular?

Edited by macrhino

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2020 at 9:47 PM, Zombie Batman said:

I like it!!   Way to think outside the .........   When I designed my stand I was actually thinking about the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket and cutting out what was not needed. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Daley1 said:

We need a better "roll-on design for the super heavy wheels "so we dont have to lift them on and off stands. Any ideas??

Indeed, with a slope for the tire that roll it up over the stand, then goes down to put it at the right place. 

54 minutes ago, null said:

Indeed, with a slope for the tire that roll it up over the stand, then goes down to put it at the right place. 

While this is possible the tire would have to not leave the ground any point. If the wheel simply dropped into place with the tire off the ground the EUC would spin up to speed and cut out. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RockyTop said:

While this is possible the tire would have to not leave the ground any point. If the wheel simply dropped into place with the tire off the ground the EUC would spin up to speed and cut out. 

True, and it would be difficult to make a fit so close the wheel is always held. It could be done with the wheel powered off and a little more effort though. Or the slope could be half springy.

Else maybe a system where the EUC is inserted tilted then raised assisting a lift that locks it in place.
Or maybe just manually, tilt the EUC, slap on the stand and tilt it back.

Or something that raises from underneath but it gets more complex.

edit: Tilt system, probably overseeing some proportions but maybe something to get out of it:

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 14.18.33.png

Edited by null
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Because I like colors and like printing. Excessive? Maybe. Cute, totally! Can a 130lb man jump up and down on the mten while on stand... yup! Will it fit anything but an Mten? I have no idea! OBVIOUSLY I have a few I'd be willing to part with :D

Full-Collection.jpg

standing.jpg

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Night Cowboy said:

A stand which allowed the wheel to roll at a steady 5km/h would look awesome both at home and in a shop window. 

That would be incredibly difficult and perhaps dangerous. Hard to make a wheel lean at the exact amount to go so slowly and steadily. Have to be VERY mindful of the level of the floor under. Of course if you forget and let it roll at 5mph untili battery is dead, that poses another danger. I'd think a display stand would be self powered if that's the intent. Cool idea, but i cant figure how it would work.

On 12/5/2020 at 2:31 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

That would be incredibly difficult and perhaps dangerous. Hard to make a wheel lean at the exact amount to go so slowly and steadily. Have to be VERY mindful of the level of the floor under. Of course if you forget and let it roll at 5mph untili battery is dead, that poses another danger. I'd think a display stand would be self powered if that's the intent. Cool idea, but i cant figure how it would work.

Good idea, perhaps a motor in the stand would be a better idea.

On 8/16/2020 at 4:31 PM, AtlasP said:

Another vote for the Black Crow stands

Here's a vote against Black Crow Stands:

I got one for my V11 and I absolutely hate it. The stand I have has a groove on both sides in the middle. Getting the V11 to sit in those grooves is a nightmare, it usually takes 5+ attempts. It requires you to center the wheel perfectly above the stand before lowering it. Often one side will get in the groove and the other side will not. Very frustrating. It's just not a good design for a wheel that weighs 60lb. 

Not recommended.

edit: he reached out to me and offered some solutions, he gets an A+ for customer service. I think his stand would be okay if the V11 didn't weigh so much and wasn't so awkward to lift and try to center perfectly over the stand.

Edited by Tryptych

2 hours ago, Tryptych said:

Here's a vote against Black Crow Stands:

I got one for my V11 and I absolutely hate it. The stand I have has a groove on both sides in the middle. Getting the V11 to sit in those grooves is a nightmare, it usually takes 5+ attempts. It requires you to center the wheel perfectly above the stand before lowering it. Often one side will get in the groove and the other side will not. Very frustrating. It's just not a good design for a wheel that weighs 60lb. 

Not recommended.

I think the guy who makes these stands could create one without a groove since they are just 3D printed, but the groove seems to be a safety feature to keep the pedal hangers in the correct position.  

Any recommendations for a better stand?

I printed a stand for my sherman and had the issue of having to line it up to get it sit right.  My mistake was allowing it to be so narrow it had to sit on the tubing. Looking back over it, i realized it would need be REALLY wide to hold onto the hangers. Inside the tubing is a nogo as its plastic. At over $25 worth of filament to print each and the sherm being so heavy, I gave up with the idea...for now.  The stand is strong enough, but its just heavy to lift the euc anyhow. Just a tiny mten stand takes over 12hrs to print, the sherm was over 24hr,  so its a pretty involved process. Im sure @RockyTop would be more than happy to discuss any issues or future revisions, just give him a chance.:)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

@RockyTop would be more than happy to discuss any issues or future revisions, just give him a chance.:)

Yes, Always! 
I am always looking to improve. I refunded their money Saturday morning when I read their message saying that they were not pleased. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, RockyTop said:

Yes, Always! 
I am always looking to improve. I refunded their money Saturday morning when I read their message saying that they were not pleased. 

A+ for customer service. The main issue is the weight of the V11, it's just it's really awkward to lift and position perfectly in the two middle groves. I think if the middle groves were larger it would help, or maybe if the groves were slanted on both sides: \___/ instead of |___| to help you position it easier.  Lastly if all that doesn't work: then some way to help you visually know where the groves are when lifting and centering the 60lb wheel before you lower it. 

Thanks RockyTop

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2020 at 8:13 PM, RockyTop said:

I sell to Canada Black Crow

Taxes and tariffs can really get out of hand when selling over seas. A $30 stand can end up costing $89 in some places. :facepalm:

Hi there, 

I saw your ad on Ebay and I'd like to buy your stand with the charger for KS 16x. I know I'm going to get charged with taxes but my biggest worry is the shipping timespan. With Covid things are hectic in Europe. is there any chance of mey paying a bit more (with paypal) hand having it shipped with a company (UPS or DHL) rather than USPS? They take care automatically of the customs fees and are usually quite fast in shipping from the US to Portugal.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...