Rubber plug - charging port cover Inmotion V8F

Smoop

i had this same issue - use needle nose pliers to compress the plug as u put pressure from directly above. the plug will go partially in then u work the rest in. pita but it will work - just gotta mk sure enough gets inserted with pliers...

Just a dab of dish soap helps. 

1. My first time I used a hex screw driver that was 90% of the hole. I tried pushing up top but lucked out just pushing directly on the nub and into the hole. Something not sharp will do because you don’t want to cut that nub off. 

2. Second time, I was able to get it in with my fingers but using soap again and holding the cover about 25 degrees from closed and pushing on the cover above the nub and twisting a bit. It slips in. 

pretty crappy design thats easy to come out. 

• Like 2

I, too, almost yanked off the V8 power port cover when trying to pull out the charge cord in the dark.  This is just plain a case of sub-optimal choice of materials.  If they had given it a little bit more thought, and made the charge port cover out of a glowing variety of deep-sea fish, we would not have this problem.

On 8/16/2020 at 7:29 PM, Kekafuch said:

Just a dab of dish soap helps. 

1. My first time I used a hex screw driver that was 90% of the hole. I tried pushing up top but lucked out just pushing directly on the nub and into the hole. Something not sharp will do because you don’t want to cut that nub off. 

2. Second time, I was able to get it in with my fingers but using soap again and holding the cover about 25 degrees from closed and pushing on the cover above the nub and twisting a bit. It slips in. 

pretty crappy design thats easy to come out. 

Thanks mate.