Jump to content

Understanding alarms on MSP


Recommended Posts

I finally got my MSP today after a month and a half of waiting and I'm having a blast. The only thing thats confusing me is the alarms. I only hit 26mph but the wheel was beeping a lot. It seemed to beep whenever I hit 20mph. In both EUC world and the Gotway app I selected second alarm only. Would turning alarms off effectively set it so only the third alarm is on?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of us turn off all the alarms and tiltback. The only speed alarm you’ll hear is when you hit 80% of the battery’s capacity.  Experienced riders are aware of their current battery level and know about how fast they’re going to avoid hitting the 80% load warning. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2020 at 9:35 PM, agronick said:

I finally got my MSP today after a month and a half of waiting and I'm having a blast. The only thing thats confusing me is the alarms. I only hit 26mph but the wheel was beeping a lot. It seemed to beep whenever I hit 20mph. In both EUC world and the Gotway app I selected second alarm only. Would turning alarms off effectively set it so only the third alarm is on?

Yes i have this too, around 20mph i'm not sure what happening here, EUC World settings doesn't seem to affect it either 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1st alarm is 30km/h
2nd alarm is 35km/h
3rd alarm is 80% output and you can't turn it off

disabling the first 2 is the way to go, 80% will always beep

Link to post
Share on other sites

Disabling or changing this alarms in the gotway app or EUC is doing nothing, I just came back from a ride trying to stop this thing beeping at 20mph and I couldn't and its really annoying now 🤦‍♂️

How do we disgunish between the different alarms too. Is it the number of beeps? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

is it possible to make gotway wheel (MSS) to beep when I hit tilt-back speed without using EUCWorld (or any other BT connected phone app) ?
I like how KingSong beeps when I hit tilt-back speed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Meserias said:

is it possible to make gotway wheel (MSS) to beep when I hit tilt-back speed without using EUCWorld (or any other BT connected phone app) ?
I like how KingSong beeps when I hit tilt-back speed.

no, GW just beep when reach 80% output

you can set your own alarms with EUC world using BT speakers ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

let say I want to go faster than 35km/h (with full battery) my GW wheel it's beeping like crazy while riding with it at 55km/h or even more.
that's very confusing for most of us because of wind noise or other factors.

While riding I'm asking my self did I really hit 80% output power already ? :P

....that's why I prefer KingSong speed warning because when you reach stetted tilt-back speed the wheel will start to beep warning you about.

Edited by Meserias
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Meserias said:

let say I want to go faster than 35km/h (with full battery) my GW wheel it's beeping like crazy while riding with it at 55km/h or even more.
that's very confusing for most of as because of wind noise or other factors.

While riding I'm asking my self did I really hit 80% output power already ? :P

....that's why I prefer KingSong speed warning because when you reach stetted tilt-back speed the wheel will start to beep warning you about.

35km/h it's a kingsong speed, no one in the world use this alarm.

GW wheels are awesome becouse they never beep, just charge, ride and listen for 80%, if you here beeps slow down and keep going, pretty simple ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 9/8/2020 at 4:58 AM, EMA said:

GW wheels are awesome becouse they never beep, just charge, ride and listen for 80%, if you here beeps slow down and keep going, pretty simple

Do I understand correctly that if 1st and 2nd alarms are ON, the wheel will not beep when those alarms are triggered? How does one hear the alarm then? Is it in the app? Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

Do I understand correctly that if 1st and 2nd alarms are ON, the wheel will not beep when those alarms are triggered? How does one hear the alarm then? Is it in the app? Thank you.

If they are ON, then you will hear the beeper in the wheel, at whatever speed they are set to in the app.

The 3rd (80%) alarm cannot be turned off. At all. Which is good.

Tiltback can also be turned off.

Most riders therefore simply turn everything off that is possible. This just leaves the 80% alarm. Go beyond the 80% alarm at your peril.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...