FILE - Gotway 4.0 Dual Language English-Chinese app for Android

• 6 months later...

The thread is rather old, but for the people who aren´t good with android i like to explain a few things.

The app must be downloaded, then you have to unpack it.

Now, the app is named Gotway_4.0_Dual_English-Chinese.apk (the apk is important).

Connect the android Phone (or tablet) to the PC and copy the apk to the Download folder.

Then, on the phone:

Go to Settings (Einstellungen) then Security and enable "Unknown sources" (this step vary little with different android versions)

You can start the app with a filemanager, imho the better way is to install the app.

You need a Appinstaller, you can search with this term in the playstore (i use the appinstaller from FunTrigger).

Install from playstore and start it. In the installer choose the folder Download and choose the Gotway apk, confirm to install.

Then you can start the Gotway app, or find it where your other apps are (Apps overview).

Because the App needs it, you have to set the language of the phone to english.

Enable Bluetooth and connect the Gotway. Pairing code is 1234.

Open the Gotway App. It connects and when you roll the wheel, you see it in the tacho.

Done :-)

23 hours ago, Sonopanic said:

The thread is rather old, but for the people who aren´t good with android i like to explain a few things.

The app must be downloaded, then you have to unpack it.

Now, the app is named Gotway_4.0_Dual_English-Chinese.apk (the apk is important).

Connect the android Phone (or tablet) to the PC and copy the apk to the Download folder.

Then, on the phone:

Go to Settings (Einstellungen) then Security and enable "Unknown sources" (this step vary little with different android versions)

You can start the app with a filemanager, imho the better way is to install the app.

You need a Appinstaller, you can search with this term in the playstore (i use the appinstaller from FunTrigger).

Install from playstore and start it. In the installer choose the folder Download and choose the Gotway apk, confirm to install.

Then you can start the Gotway app, or find it where your other apps are (Apps overview).

Because the App needs it, you have to set the language of the phone to english.

Enable Bluetooth and connect the Gotway. Pairing code is 1234.

Open the Gotway App. It connects and when you roll the wheel, you see it in the tacho.

Done :-)

Sounds familiar, except with my tablet (Android 4.4.2) and Vee's phone (4.2.2) I never needed to use any separate Appinstaller-software, just started the installation from File manager (the important part is that "Unknown sources" must be allowed, otherwise the OS won't let you install anything outside Google Play/other "official" app stores).

Archived