My V11. Next level and my new main wheel.

Unventor

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

It is hard to keep the urge of riding in check. The really bad part is once the trust of a wheel is gone it is not a joy to ride that wheel anymore.

Sorry to hear about your V11's being down, and glad you escaped with minor injury. You are learning a lot by working the wheels this deeply and you should be able to write a book about the repairs and final fix.

The urge to ride is powerful. Do you still ride your V10f or 18L during all this?

Is your trust of the wheel gone because of what you are going through on your particular wheels and repairs? Or do you distrust the V11 design and would not even want to ride another brand new V11? Do you think you can regain the trust of the wheel by riding the wheel slowly and carefully in a test mode for many kilometers over many sessions?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scottie said:

Sorry to hear about your V11's being down, and glad you escaped with minor injury. You are learning a lot by working the wheels this deeply and you should be able to write a book about the repairs and final fix.

The urge to ride is powerful. Do you still ride your V10f or 18L during all this?

Is your trust of the wheel gone because of what you are going through on your particular wheels and repairs? Or do you distrust the V11 design and would not even want to ride another brand new V11? Do you think you can regain the trust of the wheel by riding the wheel slowly and carefully in a test mode for many kilometers over many sessions?

Well for now I am not really riding which is the huge problem. I got so used to suspension that I sold my KS16X and bough a 2nd V11. 

The V10f has a leaking tube/valve that I need to get a new tube for. The KS18L and I have a big crash history but should be fully repaired, yet it has a problem with lift sensors due to being analog and new fw is designed for digital (switches that the shell cannot fit). The KS18L FW is made to auto calibrate the lift sensors but it is not a fail proof system. Since I trolley a lot when shopping it just makes this annoying to take for shopping. 

Once you have worked on the V11 it is only a matter for removing screws in general. Just like a home build PC. It is learning what order to do this smart that can be a little tricky. And I do with we have a bit better guides to go by from the manufacturer. The PDF guide from the French reseller are good, and the video from @mrelwoodis great too. I made this collection so if someone finds more interesting stuff they can link to it. The big problem here is Inmotion heavily relays on resellers and use these as service points. But not all countries have a reseller and some are not just around the corner as you car reseller. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Unventor said:

I took a few pictures on the return ride. They are uploaded to the EUC.WORLD tour. And as usual the cat was unhappy with me going for a EUC ride. So I could help add a picture of her waking up as I can back in. 

https://euc.world/tour/602419222296214

Looks like it was a beautiful day for a ride.  Your cat definitely does not look happy with you!  An icy glare if ever I saw one :-)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Lex Smith said:

Looks like it was a beautiful day for a ride.  Your cat definitely does not look happy with you!  An icy glare if ever I saw one :-)

Yes it was a great ride. As of the cat. She has her mood. But she can be a warm fried too. It took an hour or two then she was deiced.

Update: Come to think of it I am not sure if the can of fish had something to do with her (the princess cat) being friendly again.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 3

On 9/25/2021 at 10:16 AM, Unventor said:

Also after today I have passed 200km on the new drive board and motor with factory mounter bearing seal. So far so good. 

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. I would like to see this last and restore your full confidence ... in as much as we can trust any wheel.

Although I have had only good experiences so far, I still half expect to be dumped off the front. It is a crazy mix of faith and suspicion! :huh: :o :confused1:  :efee96588e:  :efefae4566:  :thumbup:

Enjoy your visit and rides with @mrelwood! I am sure you guys will have a great time.  

• Like 3

@Scottie a mix of faith and suspicion sums it nicely :roflmao:

That's how I feel climbing really steep trails at walking speed on my RS torque. I know in the back of my head that the gotgode will grenade itself prior to giving me a warning!

So far so good, the C38s don't run very hot, but the suspicion is always there. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flying W said:

@Unventor looking forward to your thoughts on the K66. 

I just ordered the non snowtek in an 80/80 for my RST. 

I doubt there is a big difference between Snowtex and non Snowtex version if you are not having cold weather. 

I got a new control/drive board last Wednesday. But it had been shipped with limited protection so the cooling block is broken. It is hard to tell if there is any other damage to the board just by looking at it. 

So it will maybe take some time to get my 2ńd V11 fixed up that I intend to use the 80/80 Snowtex version tire on. This is down to I have cold weather here in Sweden so I rather have winter tire on all the time vs having to swap tire for seasons. 

It's great that you will have two V11s up and running with all season and winter tires! 

I can't wait to mount mine on my RS. I'm not a big fan of the stock 1488, it wears really fast and has a mind of it's own sometimes. I'm hoping the K66 is more predictable in it's handling while giving good traction on both dirt and pavement. 

Most likely I'll fall in love with the tire and when it's time to replace it it won't be made anymore 🙂

15 hours ago, Flying W said:

I'm hoping the K66 is more predictable in it's handling while giving good traction on both dirt and pavement.

It most definitely is exactly what you’re hoping! Transitions from pavement to gravel or dirt during a turn still feel amazing to be since the wheel acts as if nothing happened. Very different from the C-1488 and some other bicycle category tires, that require a notable change in the amount of tilt.

K66 is a tire that will eventually make the sudden mud patch worries a thing of the past. But it takes time to learn to trust a tire like this for what it deserves.

15 hours ago, Flying W said:

Most likely I'll fall in love with the tire and when it's time to replace it it won't be made anymore 🙂

The K66 has been in production for a very long time already, and Heidenau doesn’t seem to generally just drop tires out of production. And even if they did, I’m certain the successor would be good as well. And if not, I will again find a tire that is!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It seems the in-app video function I am beta testing for @Seba didn't work as hoped. But Seba has been fast on the ball and hopeful for the fixed.

So after working my 50% tomorrow I plan to do another test ride to see how it works. 

Now I don't see it as a YouTube killer, but it can serve great as to share a special moment of the tour. I like the idea, so I hope it becomes great like all the job Seba do. 

Now I decided to keep that in this thread for several reasons. Anyway it is part of my V11 ride experience and it helps me to understand how the wheel works. 

• Like 2

Yay it came though the grinding encoding. 

Thanks King @Seba

To explain why I rotated while recording the video, I were testing its behaviour of the app. Sorry for the rollercoaster sensation when watching the video. On the other hand view as artistic creators expression. 🙄

Anyway thanks for answers @Seba. I hope you will take of the Big announcements yourself.

That said I am conducting more tests to have this released soon for other riders as bug-free as we can with my limited options and skills for testing. So I will post a tour tomorrow here on the thread. 

• Like 1

Now I keep it simple. But I promised I would be testing EUC.WORLD beta function today. And this means a few video clips are tagged on these tours from today. 

I hope you enjoy the small clips. It is as raw as it gets. 

https://euc.world/tour/605031948830217

https://euc.world/tour/605034260252208

Also I like to highlight this from @Seba.

Quote on:

Support EUC World and get extra 20% on Premium Account!

Quote off. 

More detail on https://euc.world/

Now the ride today was partly to test app but also just enjoying the ride of V11. And some coffee and cake. 

• Like 2

On 12/15/2021 at 3:33 AM, Unventor said:

Note: the "fish eye lens effect is why I am wider around the waist. It has to be it, buggy phone app.

I find that my shirt tends to get bunched up at the top of my moto pants, that's also likely to lead to the Santa Clause effect often seen in photos. Especially with the winter layers.

Edited by Tawpie