Jump to content

My V11. Next level and my new main wheel.


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Rawnei said:

How are your bearings holding up riding in winter weather?

I have no problems despite riding in any weather, sun, dust, rain, snow, icey and salty roads. And -i have not really done anything special either, beside not storing my wheel on the side (except when I Swapped to a winter tire). So when some seem to get problems (and even multiply time) others don't. So I can't explain why this is. All I can say I am really happy with my V11 so far after 1225km.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I got my 1st batch of the 100 first made wheels yesterday late (about 18.30-19.00) I pocket it up at UPS. Apprently they are unfamiliar with the use of door bells.  Anyway as always there are n

So today I had my first proper ride for a long time. I can only say I am very impressed by how this new tire works, K66 80/90-14. Since my last drive board have in after just 500m I didn't h

Okey so a little update to my V11 story.  I managed to rebuild my newest V11. So I had fitted the new motor with the factory seal and with the K66 80/90-14 Snowtex tire. And exchanged the drive b

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

I have no problems despite riding in any weather, sun, dust, rain, snow, icey and salty roads. And -i have not really done anything special either, beside not storing my wheel on the side (except when I Swapped to a winter tire). So when some seem to get problems (and even multiply time) others don't. So I can't explain why this is. All I can say I am really happy with my V11 so far after 1225km.

Nice to hear, lots of snow and salted bike roads here now, I'm afraid to take mine out since doing the motor swap.. only tried it twice don't want to take my chances. 😔

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Nice to hear, lots of snow and salted bike roads here now, I'm afraid to take mine out since doing the motor swap.. only tried it twice don't want to take my chances. 😔

I am not saying it is riskfree. In the other hand we don't have much snow here so it is mostly rain, freeze over they ad salt and then it dry salty roads. More rain and the process repeats. If we get sone it rains shortly after.  Ut now I got my little car so it help sparing the V11 from the worse days now I guess. Also before I worked from home so I could mostly pass on bad day of weather. But I have been out in the worse sleet weather I ever ridden in many years (counting bicycling too).  You can see that too firther back on my flog (forum logging review) here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

@Unventor I like the color scheme!! The green really brings out the depth of the black!..... just kidding but it does look great!

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Unventor sorry to hear your wheel is down. I seem to only ride my favorite too. I'll still rode the others but I always miss the favorite one.

I sometimes think about selling the others, but I'm addicted enough to know that any wheel is the best wheel when there are no other options. 

if my 3 "real" wheel went down at the same time I know I'd still play with the 134wh freeman. You can over lean on it by sneezing too hard but somehow it still beats not riding :rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RockyTop said:

@Unventor I like the color scheme!! The green really brings out the depth of the black!..... just kidding but it does look great!

Let's just say in traffic I prefer to be seen. And black clothing helmet included is just too hot in summer time for me. So both gearcolorseucriding is something that makes people stare, often pause when I ride by. Best this is kids has no filter to their reaction. It is such a laugh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, Unventor said:

I am so close to buy a 2nd V11 just to make sure I can ride no matter what. 

As much as you like the V11, you probably should have a 2nd, just in case. Are you considering selling your V10f or 18L and replacing them with a V11? Or would you just add another V11 to the collection?

Personally, I have thought of getting a backup 16X just to make sure I would always have one of those just in case. I consider the V11 to be my champagne wheel, only for special occasions, after I've done something really good and deserve a ride on it!

Please keep the 16X, for my sake! :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Unventor said:

I am addicted to a level not do not understand. It comes down to me riding to keep symptoms of my rheumatic diagnoses at bay. What makes this particular bad right now is that my liver is reacting bad to my medications. So yesterday I were told by my doctor to take a 2 months break with 1 of 2 drugs I take. 

The more still I sit the more locked up my joints get and risk of pains to follow. Working from home and I can only walk on level grounds make me walk somewhere between 12.000 to 18.000 steps in my apartment (2 rooms of 60m2 in total) during my 8 hour work shift. 

I must ride at least ever 3 day or preferably ever 2 day. A 5km ride helps a lot. 20 km is ideal. Especially if I do shopping with a backpack. Riding 50km in one day there is a high risk I over do it.

With the suspension I can go 10-20 km longer before my knee complains. Plus I can ride much fast safe too.

I liked the feel of my KS16X  but it is totally right to post this in past tense. It is still good, but it will never compare to my V11.

Interestingly I view this very different to @Paulo Mesquita. I couldn't believe he sold his V11. But what is done is done. I just hope he does get disappointed and regretting this. 

I understand that pedals feels high to some. It does for me too. But there are soo many positives to this that I wouldn't go back to "normal" pedals. Also that combines with rim size that to me is perfect balance to being responsive and can brake hard. I doubt a 20" wheel will be able to match that. A 18"x3" just has that sweet spot of comfort, nimbleness, stability and responsiveness.  And then adding suspension too.

That is why I like my V11 so much more.

As of it having a problem now do not duplicate me. It is very early 1st batch and I knew of the risk buying it so early. I accepted that when I bought it.

Also that it has innovative features and design. But if I see benefits and potential I am very easy to be a first adopter. 

@Unventor my friend, I too am unsure if I did the right move. Worst case scenario I'll sell the S18 if I don't like it and go back to the V11. I need suspension, that is 100% clear in my head. Now that I'm only with the 16X again, after a 30km ride I really need to stretch for 15 minutes, just to be sure I don't get an injury. And I do agree the that the V11 is as smooth as butter. However I'm only 1,76mt tall, I weigh, fully equipped 96kg and I'm 61. Getting on those skyscraper pedals is hell every time. The 18cm pedals od the 16x (that in the beginning were terrifying to me) feel now like a ground floor stepping. And in terms of maneuverability the V11 is slow for my Portuguese tine and narrow alleys, taking away the pleasure of quick and nervous response. 

But the V11 is a hell of a great wheel, no doubt about that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

@Unventor my friend, I too am unsure if I did the right move. Worst case scenario I'll sell the S18 if I don't like it and go back to the V11. I need suspension, that is 100% clear in my head. Now that I'm only with the 16X again, after a 30km ride I really need to stretch for 15 minutes, just to be sure I don't get an injury. And I do agree the that the V11 is as smooth as butter. However I'm only 1,76mt tall, I weigh, fully equipped 96kg and I'm 61. Getting on those skyscraper pedals is hell every time. The 18cm pedals od the 16x (that in the beginning were terrifying to me) feel now like a ground floor stepping. And in terms of maneuverability the V11 is slow for my Portuguese tine and narrow alleys, taking away the pleasure of quick and nervous response. 

But the V11 is a hell of a great wheel, no doubt about that.

I am now 176cm used to be taller. I am turning 50 later this year. But my body is on a good day like your age on bad days it is classes as in between 80 to 100 years as in my range of movement. Naked body weight is 85-86kg with gear and empty backpack add another 10kg.

I step up on left leg which is my bad knee. So I feel the force it take every time as a strain. But once up on the wheel I am doing fine. 

The high pedals is a mind thing. I am very use most get used to it. It took me like 5-8 rides of 5-10km. But that was mostly down to my bad knee.

Today I took my KS16X to lunch. It does not give me same confidence. 

One benefit if higher pedals is I reach above cars here most of them. So I can further ahead in traffic. Especially in pedestrian areas this is very useful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unventor said:

I am now 176cm used to be taller. I am turning 50 later this year. But my body is on a good day like your age on bad days it is classes as in between 80 to 100 years as in my range of movement. Naked body weight is 85-86kg with gear and empty backpack add another 10kg.

I step up on left leg which is my bad knee. So I feel the force it take every time as a strain. But once up on the wheel I am doing fine. 

The high pedals is a mind thing. I am very use most get used to it. It took me like 5-8 rides of 5-10km. But that was mostly down to my bad knee.

Today I took my KS16X to lunch. It does not give me same confidence. 

One benefit if higher pedals is I reach above cars here most of them. So I can further ahead in traffic. Especially in pedestrian areas this is very useful.

So we're the same height and the same weight when equipped...hmmm...I guess you just adapted better to the V11 than I did. As I mentioned before...maybe I'll regret it...:rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

So we're the same height and the same weight when equipped...hmmm...I guess you just adapted better to the V11 than I did. As I mentioned before...maybe I'll regret it...:rolleyes:

Time will tell. Keep in mind I have more rides in my legs. 

Edited by Unventor
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

Sorry I don't get the meaning of "move rides"... 

Spelling/auto correction mistake. Fixade now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stephen said:

Moved house recently and living the new trials around here,, so glad I've got the v11 the suspension is unreal for these terrains

 

image.png.ee2939b9dd31540634bb88c439ed8f1b.png

image.png.a2d18480c47415bf64002a18c2534f48.png

 

20210407-113042.jpg
20210407-113034.jpg

 

20210403-130723.jpg

 

20210407-111523.jpg

 

20210407-112955.jpg

 

20210406-104136.jpg

Very, very, very... Nice!!! 👌👌👌👌

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Lex Smith said:

Looks great!  I'm inspired to jazz my wheel up a bit to complement my Roll.NZ Bodyguard - maybe a blue mudguard and some trim around the bottom of the cover.

Totally get your addition to your V11 - my damm van battery keeps going flat because I never use it - I'm on my wheel rain or shine :-)

 

ZtI8NFo.jpg

 

I have been testing that bodyguard and debating different things to make it better. I must say @Chrissi is fantastic to brainstorm ideas with. I hope @The Fat Unicyclist get to test some of the things we have discussed. When we have decided on a updated solution I will review this when I get it. I do think this next version will be much better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

She made me sign an NDA...   :efef585a74:

Maybe. But I am sure you misplaced it.:huh:

And I didn't see it either. I think.🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...