My V11. Next level and my new main wheel.

Unventor

On 8/31/2020 at 7:25 PM, Flying W said:

I made it a yr and a half with just the EUC (still had one car for the wife) then my job ended up too far away to use the EUC (35 miles one way) so I've been back in a vehicle. 

I used to show up much happier and ready to work when I rode in. 

I rode the motorcycle most days but that's is just pure stress in the morning traffic....bike should be weekend toys for mnt roads haha

Amen brother! Driving in rush hour commuting does take the mental energy out of me, so I just want to chill for a while. A quiet drive or motorcycle ride in the quiet countryside is nice. But commuting is just hell.

On 9/1/2020 at 9:43 AM, Unventor said:

But right now the V11 is doing exactly what I hoped for and I always have a smile on when I get home

:cheers:

15 hours ago, Unventor said:

So should you get the option to test a V11. Just beware.... You could fall in love with it and there is no option to go back from that point. Just saying.,

I am somewhat worried about that also. But I do like variety, so hopefully that will keep me interested in the solid axle wheels enough to not ignore them.

• Like 2

I love your tranquility and joy on the V11. You are still making me wonder how I will feel about the old school wheels when the new school one arrives. Time to meditate on this. Maybe I need to go ride the solid axle wheels while I still can! :efef3d5527:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scottie said:

I love your tranquility and joy on the V11. You are still making me wonder how I will feel about the old school wheels when the new school one arrives. Time to meditate on this. Maybe I need to go ride the solid axle wheels while I still can! :efef3d5527:

Your wheel will likely give you big joy. The problem is when you get that click moment with the suspension and behavior of the V11.... That is when you have next level sensation that is very hard to turn away from. Kind like comparing a glass of water vs a good wine or cold beer.  Water will do... But.. CHEERS :cheers:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

One option:

- Calculate how much the new car would cost you in a full year. All costs. Insurance, gasoline, parking spots, etc.

- Calculate how many days that would allow you to use a taxi to and from work.

- Consider how likely it is that there are as many snowy days than the taxi days you just calculated.

:)

Yes I know..... 

It isn't just the winter. There are other options. And had I not gotten this good price I would probably not consider it. And this is a much small hybrid car. But I have not made any decision yet. We shall see what I decide to do. 

On 9/13/2020 at 7:07 AM, Finn Bjerke said:

I changed my mind from KS s18 to INmotion v11 ---- back and forth 4 times.... Now IM waiting  2 more weeks for a batch 2 from UK, I live in Denmark.  Mrelwood, Chooch, mr Backe, Wrongway and others convinced me.   Selling my MSX my MCM5 but not the mten3.  Ill be commuting 1 hour pr day on Inmotion v11. 

So you are taking the long way to work? As I recall Bornholm isn't that big. 

• 2 months later...

Now I reached about 825km.on my V11 now. 

But I added some changes. You can read about them here. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 11:48 AM, Unventor said:

Now I reached about 825km.on my V11 now. 

But I added some changes. You can read about them here. 

Curious what your shock settings are.  I have my lower at 150 and upper at 90 I think.   I feel like I'm about to fall off every time I hit the slightest bump.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bumblebees said:

Curious what your shock settings are.  I have my lower at 150 and upper at 90 I think.   I feel like I'm about to fall off every time I hit the slightest bump.

I think it should be listed in previous posts. But here goes again. 

I am 86kg with gear I am about 95kg and with shop backpack full add upto 10kg more. 

Tire is at 28-30psi. 

Bottom is 120psi.

Too is 50-60psi.

Ot seems in cold weather that the bottom chamber loose pressure a little more rapidly tand in summer time. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bumblebees said:

Going to give that setup a try and see if it works, thanks

Much more important than trying other people’s shock pressures, is to measure the sag when you’re standing on the wheel. The 150/90 you mentioned worked reasonably well for my 108kg riding weight when I tried it earlier.

If you don’t have a clear idea what to try, set the top chambers to 50, and adjust the bottom chamber until you get the sag to 30-35mm. You’ll probably end up slightly short of what the Inmotion chart recommends to your weight.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, pawelosinski83 said:

If I see correctly, you have mounted the tire in the opposite way... :unsure:

Yes I did check this but some how I got it mirrowed around. I though it was an odd pattern layout for direction. But I think I just give it a test ride first before going though this once again. 😁

Edited by Unventor
Spelling 😏
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

Yes I did check this but some how I got it mirrowed around. I though it was an odd pattern layout for direction. But I think I just give it a test ride first before going though this one again. 😁

Who sells the pedals?

1 hour ago, stephen said:

Who sells the pedals?

I got lucky to find a set it is as I understand kind of a test batch. Limited supply yet. But once Inmotion have enough feedback they should ramp up production. Most reseller have been called to prebook their orders but when you see them at your local reseller depends if they made a prebook and how fast Inmotion can get the supply up. (Sorry that is as much details I have. Same goes for price, I bought mine but I don't know what resellers normally will charge for these). 

19 hours ago, stephen said:

Who sells the pedals?

@stephen You could try this Ali seller, as they are pretty well respected and reputable.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001706382430.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.14.7ef63354TupLnR

Inmotions V11 off road pedals will make your riding much better, it takes a little time to get used to. Nylonove and Hextech are good alternatives, nylonove is lightweight. I have the "originalo" V11 pedels worth every cent. Safer, faster and more fun. Also you can wear fat soled boots and still have much better footpedal contact, I prefer thinsoled flat Vans - but using my (ridiculous) "Bare foot " shoes is no longer a good idea. 

Inmotion v11 pedals Run and buy..... 
Delivery time..... a while.. Aliexpress or retailer is your choice, this pedal is very strong no worries.  There is a pedal thread here too. 

I had my first ride with the winter tire yesterday. @mrelwooddid say something about tire pressure and turn bei g different.

I put in 28.5 psi as some always escapes when disconnecting the valve extension. 

But that was way to high pressure almost impossible to control. It felt like 3x cx tire on a KS16X. It would tip o er to sides very very easy and I had a hard time turning. Anyway I know sometimes you just need to get used to different behaviour, but once I reached the store and I had found my groceries I let out some air of the tube.

So it the ride became more calm, not constantly tipping over. But I almost crashed as I have such a hard time turning the wheel. I can turn it but I have to tilt over the wheel to the side much more. Once it is tilted it means I have a high risk of my feet center point of to the side of where the tire touch the ground. That is fine as long you have traction but on ice that is not great as it increases the risk of the wheel sliding sideways away under me. 

I am going to ride a bit more today trying to get more accustomed with the tire. I think it is part to do with the tire is so grippy that it is hard to turn for me. 

When it is icy I normally only do shoulder twist turns but I can't do that on this wheel. 

There is one thing I really love about the tire. The sound. It is singing as I pick up speed. I love that sound especially considering it is a feedback that helps me not to go to fast. Which is good for winter time when ice patches are all over the place. 

I am sure I will learn to ride better with the winter tire in time. That is why I am goi g out again today. A bit longer ride. And it is around freezing so I am expecting ice some places. 

Note: I mounted the winter tire in opposite rotation direction by mistake. If that has any impact on turning I don't know. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Note: I mounted the winter tire in opposite rotation direction by mistake. If that has any impact on turning I don't know. 

I feel sure the tire would perform as the manufacturer intended the correct way around, especially as it has a "V" shaped tread pattern!  Turning a "V" shaped tire around can in some cases/conditions actually add more grip, which may be adding to your turning issues when the wheel is leaned over! 

I think @mrelwood would be better placed to comment though and will definitely be able to confirm from his own personal experience with this tire. 

• Like 1