My Ninebot One E+ Experience

Patrick Carroll

49 minutes ago, Patrick Carroll said:

Well it starts jumping forward and kicking forward at times now, or the wheel will jump forward and making you lose forward or backwards balance at slow speed, like it can make it around almost all the way but it jerks forward the last bit, rotates freely when powered off, when it jerks the whole unit makes a humming noise like an electric transformer does.  I weigh 90kg, the ambient temp outside is 50F, inside 68F. Firmware 1.3.0, board version 1.3, Ninebot One E+, tire pressure 55psi, ride setting zero, same as the last 150 miles or so.

There were previous reports of the "rodeo effect" mostly with persons weighing over 100 kgs. Have you tried  to re-calibrate the horizontal alignment of the bot?

8 hours ago, Patrick Carroll said:

Mmm, never had it before the past 150 miles

It also sounds similar to the other brands having burned Mosfet issues. They can 'drag' or 'lock up' .  Feels like motor or something is stuck.

Update: ninebot, despite repeated emails, has been ignoring me.  My reseller, ebay seller mommie_daddie, has given some suggestions regarding tire pressure and tire rubbing against the inside but that's not the problem I'm having.  I had another repeat of the situation, at low speed, where the bot lost forward balance and tipped me forward for a few seconds which was recoverable and was making an electric "hum", not a rubbing noise.  I have a Kenda tire if that makes any difference.  I also tried the Mad Mike tire a few days ago for better grip and put slime in the tire, also allowing me to tighten the valve stem which seems to be a cause of a slow leak I've head.  I've ridden the past few days without issue at high speed, but at low speed the unit occasionally tips and loses balance.  My reseller recommended that the tire pressure not exceed 45 psi which I'm at right now.  

Unfortunately, I rode the unit just after a rain, the rim was wet and the Mad Mike tire slipped off the rim lodging tight in the unit.  I left the unit to dry so I could dismantle it and remount the tire, but I heard a loud "bang" a few hours later and the inner tube had exploded and subsequently deflated.  Once it finishes drying off tonight, I'm going to inspect the damage, likely have to re-order a new special bent-valve inner tube tire.  Any suggestions on where to get one?

1 hour ago, Patrick Carroll said:

Update: ninebot, despite repeated emails, has been ignoring me.  My reseller, ebay seller mommie_daddie, has given some suggestions regarding tire pressure and tire rubbing against the inside but that's not the problem I'm having.  I had another repeat of the situation, at low speed, where the bot lost forward balance and tipped me forward for a few seconds which was recoverable and was making an electric "hum", not a rubbing noise.  I have a Kenda tire if that makes any difference.  I also tried the Mad Mike tire a few days ago for better grip and put slime in the tire, also allowing me to tighten the valve stem which seems to be a cause of a slow leak I've head.  I've ridden the past few days without issue at high speed, but at low speed the unit occasionally tips and loses balance.  My reseller recommended that the tire pressure not exceed 45 psi which I'm at right now.  

Unfortunately, I rode the unit just after a rain, the rim was wet and the Mad Mike tire slipped off the rim lodging tight in the unit.  I left the unit to dry so I could dismantle it and remount the tire, but I heard a loud "bang" a few hours later and the inner tube had exploded and subsequently deflated.  Once it finishes drying off tonight, I'm going to inspect the damage, likely have to re-order a new special bent-valve inner tube tire.  Any suggestions on where to get one?

I got mine from the same seller, did you try to have them replace it under warranty, they claimed to be an authorized dealer with warranty and service provided. I wonder how they handle this problem.

4 minutes ago, Vanquiz said:

I got mine from the same seller, did you try to have them replace it under warranty, they claimed to be an authorized dealer with warranty and service provided. I wonder how they handle this problem.

They have been quite responsive, was surprised not expecting an Ebay reseller to care after I already sent in positive feedback, I'm still talking with them about getting a new board.  I don't know if they'll be able to help or not with warranty service.  I'll have to replace the inner tube myself as that's kinda my fault going with a non-standard tire, though recommended by SpeedyFeet in the UK. Once the unit dries out overnight, I'll see if there was any damage from the tire coming off the rim, probably only damage to the plastic which is no big deal, already have "battle scars" from when I was learning hehe.

Archived