Oh Ohhhh! Now what?!

Paulandjacquelyn

Wednesday night I saw P's were available for immediate domestic ship.....so ordered one.  My wife authorized the E+ 3 weeks ago for my birthday.....but how do I break news P is on the way. Lol???

Ideas or tips please.  It shipped today so will be here in a few days.  Maybe just hide the E+ and pretend p is  same machine? Lol arrgghhh

By the way I'm blaming all of you for this issue lol

25 minutes ago, Paulandjacquelyn said:

She has np interest....I've tried. We both do agree she does not have good balance and one scrape would be end of learning for her 

Do you have kids that would love a Christmas present?

-Daddy had to check that it was safe before he gave it to you:D

4 minutes ago, Viktiga said:

Do you have kids that would love a Christmas present?

-Daddy had to check that it was safe before he gave it to you:D

No kids....I'm in a real predicament lol.   Maybe just sell the e+ ...although having backup is nice as many of you do.   

I think I'll just confess with a guilty grin and be extra nice before that 

Tell her you found it at the side of the road with a note "take me" on it.....yea, that would never work for me either!

Man-up, and then go to her favorite jewelry or watch store and spent an equal amount on her.   That has been the only remedy for me.  The upside is that now my wife only rolls her eyes when I bring home a new gadget.  On the downside, she is working on yet another custom jewelry piece for herself!

Cheers,

Jim

Just a thought, my local radio controlled model shop owner once told me of a customer that had problems with his wife if he bought 'big ticket' items. So when he bought a new expensive high end transmitter he left it in the shop and got the owner to ring his home the next day I when he was at work ......

owner: "can I speak to Fred please, it's MCM models."

wife: "I'm afraid he's at work"

owner: "Ah, can you give him the good news, he's just won a brand new transmitter in our shop's raffle". ?

9 minutes ago, Keith said:

Just a thought, my local radio controlled model shop owner once told me of a customer that had problems with his wife if he bought 'big ticket' items. So when he bought a new expensive high end transmitter he left it in the shop and got the owner to ring his home the next day I when he was at work ......

owner: "can I speak to Fred please, it's MCM models."

wife: "I'm afraid he's at work"

owner: "Ah, can you give him the good news, he's just won a brand new transmitter in our shop's raffle". ?

Haha nicely played! 

Well, so much for the "it was the only one left AND, it was on sale" argument.

suck it up and take your medicine.  It's not like she is going to spank you right?  On second thought, don't answer...

Cheers,

Jim

lmfao... well yea definitely keep just in case one breaks you can use the other one while the other is repaired.

I would honestly suggest just go up to her and tell her the truth.. however one technique you can do is say that something really bad happened so that she gets worried or w/e, and then just tell her that you are just kidding and that you just bought another unicycle.. Or you can tell her you bought a new car for 25k.. and then tell her about the unicycle.. the psychological reaction of making the brain worry about something at a higher level, and then dropping it to something that isn't important will reduce the impact. However, she can be really mad at you for making her worried, so be careful lol.

Another thing you can do is tell her that you love her, smile a lot, and then break the news. She will be mad in the beginning but will probably be ok by the end of the day.

5 hours ago, Paulandjacquelyn said:

Wednesday night I saw P's were available for immediate domestic ship.....so ordered one.  My wife authorized the E+ 3 weeks ago for my birthday.....but how do I break news P is on the way. Lol???

Ideas or tips please.  It shipped today so will be here in a few days.  Maybe just hide the E+ and pretend p is  same machine? Lol arrgghhh

Normally I would just say to leave your wife if she complained, but your decision on a user name makes that difficult. :P Unless you can find a different woman named Jacquelyn who likes EUCs?

59 minutes ago, fearedbliss said:

I would honestly suggest just go up to her and tell her the truth..

You can always tell the single guys in the thread. :D

2 hours ago, dmethvin said:

Normally I would just say to leave your wife if she complained, but your decision on a user name makes that difficult. :P Unless you can find a different woman named Jacquelyn who likes EUCs?

You can always tell the single guys in the thread. :D

divorced*, maybe that was the reason LOL

Archived