Adding Extra Battery and Power Bank?

7 minutes ago, Lovely said:

Thanks esaj, that you confirmed the important things, so another lucky man will upgrade his machine very soon! 

I've spend quite a lot of time reading about the lithium-batteries around the 'net, and working with the custom-packs I have, but I'm not an electrician or an expert, although I do have some (more or less) formal training in electricity & electronics (from around the turn of the millenia). I do know enough to have a healthy respect and to watch out when dealing with the batteries. The "small" mAh-capacities can lead people to think that these packs don't have that much power ("3000 mAh? My spare cellphone charging pack has 20000mAh!"), but when you look at the outputs they can give and the wattages, these can do really nasty work should they blow or short circuit (like those melted probe-heads show).

4 minutes ago, Óscar Ramos Melero said:

exist is a telegram´s group on this issue?

There are lots of topics about adding batteries to wheels, but they're pretty scattered around the forums... try searching or looking through the topics in Mods & Repairs.

The amount of power in these batteries is incredible compared to what I have used before. Since we are often working with the live battery wires I often need to remind myself it can melt things before you can react. Here is what happened when I plugged a battery into a control board that had a short.

Capture.PNG

Archived