Casual Rides and Intense Electronic Music

Look do what you want, but here is what I notice with a lot of EUC YouTube videos. 

1. Video is of a person or group ride
  2. Shows the ride to be just casually going down the road
  3. INTENSE ELECTRONIC MUSIC PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND

If that's the type of music you want to use I suggest looking up music with a lower tempo to match the environment such as LoFi, Boom Bap, Chill Hip Hop, Cloud Rap. Or type in whatever genre of music you like with the word "chill" before it. I find searches with that word comes up with artists that have more downtempo versions of music I like. After, find similar genres or artists lower in popularity, or look for a distributor to pay for use in order to avoid copyright issues. 

Rant over. Safe Riding

Edited by RedSpectreNine
comma
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, WebDev said:

Once I get rolling on my new EUC, I might just make a video of me riding it casually down the road with this aptly named electronic music song in the background:

Pretty Lights is awesome! I'd be surprised if you never came across them, but you might also like "Jazzinuf" too. I will say that Pretty Lights is a very popular group so be careful of copy right. They used to hold some of the biggest festivals in the past. 

Edited by RedSpectreNine
  • Like 2

For my future videos I will not add any music. Reasoning:

- This is not at all the first thread to complain about the music choice in EUC videos. Many YT comments say the same thing. You can never please everybody.

- Most EUC videos have the music much louder than the narrative. I’m getting allergic to it.

- I almost always already have music playing in the background when I start watching an EUC video.

- Every viewer can put their favorite music playing on the background as well if they so wish, and adjust the level to fit their preference.

- I don’t see EUC reviews and videos in general to have a role that would benefit from a guided mood trip that the music could do if done well. And it is never done well on these amateur and hobbyist videos in this sense.

Edited by mrelwood

6 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

For my future videos I will not add any music. Reasoning:

- This is not at all the first thread to complain about the music choice in EUC videos. Many YT comments say the same thing. You can never please everybody.

- Most EUC videos have the music much louder than the narrative. I’m getting allergic to it.

- I almost always already have music playing in the background when I start watching an EUC video.

- Every viewer can put their favorite music playing on the background as well if they so wish, and adjust the level to fit their preference.

- I don’t see EUC reviews and videos in general to have a role that would benefit from a guided mood trip that the music could do if done well. And it is never done well on these amateur and hobbyist videos in this sense.

• They probably complain because the music doesn't fit narrative. Of course you can't please everyone, but if one is playing a fast paced Hard Rock, Dubstep, DNB, or Rap track on a video when your just cruising then the sound obviously won't match the setting
  • Hsiang and Kuji Rolls do a very good job at mixing music and narrative. Analyzing where they make music loud and soft, and the type of music they use, offer good examples to learn from.
  • I can see why some people play music while watching other content but I don't think its smart to assume most people do. Personally I don't do this.
  • I guess an individual can add background music on their own, but when we make videos it offers the opportunity for content creators during editing to beat match and adjust volume during riding and dialogue.
  • I somewhat disagree with the last bullet, music creates an environment and personally with videos that did it right helped influence me to get into this community. However, it ultimately depends on the video one makes. If your making an educational video on EUC then yeah music is not a focus. If the video is just you cruising with or without your friends, or you need to transition, music may have a place. Amateur videos will be amateur videos, but since this is a sub forum on EUC video making its good to make light of it and offer solutions, which I attempted to do above.  
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

haha im guilty of this, adding electronic music to casual video 

:p

i get hit with  copyright if i add music that i wanted to, so i opt to find something that is copyright free and often times the beats that sound good are electronic. oh well. Maybe ill make a video without music and see how that does

Edited by WILSON-YT

• 6 months later...
On 8/8/2020 at 11:00 PM, RedSpectreNine said:
  • They probably complain because the music doesn't fit narrative. Of course you can't please everyone, but if one is playing a fast paced Hard Rock, Dubstep, DNB, or Rap track on a video when your just cruising then the sound obviously won't match the setting
  • Hsiang and Kuji Rolls do a very good job at mixing music and narrative. Analyzing where they make music loud and soft, and the type of music they use, offer good examples to learn from.
  • I can see why some people play music while watching other content but I don't think its smart to assume most people do. Personally I don't do this.
  • I guess an individual can add background music on their own, but when we make videos it offers the opportunity for content creators during editing to beat match and adjust volume during riding and dialogue.
  • I somewhat disagree with the last bullet, music creates an environment and personally with videos that did it right helped influence me to get into this community. However, it ultimately depends on the video one makes. If your making an educational video on EUC then yeah music is not a focus. If the video is just you cruising with or without your friends, or you need to transition, music may have a place. Amateur videos will be amateur videos, but since this is a sub forum on EUC video making its good to make light of it and offer solutions, which I attempted to do above.  

background music in videos can be downright irritating at times even if it is a good song because of the volume at which the music is played being louder than the narration. Techno/electronic music seems like some good music for fast moving sports but hearing it in every euc video playing the same couple of notes at a higher volume or equal volume on average compared to narration it tends to get irritating no matter how good the song is or how you switch it up if your playing the same genre of music for every video with similar beat patterns. Sometimes it will be easier for your microphone to pick up and transmit static and white noise if you have no background music when fixing this problem test both the sensitivity of your microphone and make adjustments either with distance away from it or within an audio program. You'll be able to find a sweet spot for near perfect audio recording with cheap equipment.  Best of luck. 

• Like 1