Gotway: MCM4 makes wha wha grinding noise

Grinding noise is coming from the Gotway. I just got the MCM4 yesterday and today was the first ride I took it out for a spin. It made this noise at half charge and at full charge. Is this normal? Any one else have this problem? it sounds like a wha wha wha or era era era grinding type noise. Almost like something is rubbing.

Let's do some debugging. If you turn the wheel upside down and spin it with the power off, do you still hear the noise? If you power on the wheel and hold it off the ground, do you hear it then while the wheel is rotating? Or do you only hear this noise when you're standing on the wheel with it rolling along? Look carefully at the high points on the side of the tire, do you see any points where it might be rubbing?

3 hours ago, dmethvin said:

Let's do some debugging. If you turn the wheel upside down and spin it with the power off, do you still hear the noise? If you power on the wheel and hold it off the ground, do you hear it then while the wheel is rotating? Or do you only hear this noise when you're standing on the wheel with it rolling along? Look carefully at the high points on the side of the tire, do you see any points where it might be rubbing?

Yes it seems to have something to do with the tire pressure. It made the noise with the MCM4 off. Both with the wheel in the air and on the ground. So I let a lot of pressure out maybe 15 PSI or so. I whish I new what was rubbing. The tire pressure is lower than I would like. Has any one else had this problem. Is there some part I can heat up and bend out of the way?:( 

2 hours ago, ninebot one p said:

Yes it seems to have something to do with the tire pressure. It made the noise with the MCM4 off. Both with the wheel in the air and on the ground. So I let a lot of pressure out maybe 15 PSI or so. I whish I new what was rubbing. The tire pressure is lower than I would like. Has any one else had this problem. Is there some part I can heat up and bend out of the way?:( 

Around 45 psi will be a good tire pressure.

If you turn the wheel upside down and look down into the case, does it look like the wheel has even amounts of space on either side? If not you might be able to move the case around a bit to fix it. Loosen the screws behind the panels, right above the pedals on either side and while the wheel is upside down try moving the wheel around until you have even space all around. Then tighten down the screws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTb5-R7iU4w

Archived