Tyres - how long do they last you?

Gasmantle

I guess it's an open ended question as we all have different machines and ride over different terrain but I wondered how long do your tyres last.

My trusty little KS16s has done about 1500 miles and the tyre is nearing the end of it's life, I do 90% of my riding on roads and very little off road so to me 1500 miles doesn't seem a lot.

What machine do you have, what sort of riding do you do, and how long does a tyre last you?

Since I'll be needing to buy a replacement shortly is there any particular flavour of tyre that will give a longer life over tarmac roads with little off road use?

13,000 km on my stock ACM tire: 80% on paved road, 20% off road

28,750 km on my stock Monster tire: 80% on paved road, 20% off road

Edited by Dancer
Typo
  • Like 2

I nearly have 1500 km on my Z10, stock tire.

Onroad:Offroad = 50:50

You can see that the profile wore out a bit, but I suppose it to last at least the same time. It does not seem to be brittle.

Edited by Boris Lämpel

3 hours ago, Gasmantle said:

how long does a tyre last you?

2000-5000km depending on the tire. Many Chao Yang butyl rubber models seem to last quite long. H-5167, H-5146, etc.

1 hour ago, Dancer said:

28,750 km on my stock Monster tire

28 750 km on a single tire?!?! Besides being the longest I’ve heard of on any single EUC, it’s definitely also the longest I’ve heard of anyone riding on a single tire. That is extremely respectable! Kenda K-254?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

2000-5000km depending on the tire. Many Chao Yang butyl rubber models seem to last quite long. H-5167, H-5146, etc.

28 750 km on a single tire?!?! Besides being the longest I’ve heard of on any single EUC, it’s definitely also the longest I’ve heard of anyone riding on a single tire. That is extremely respectable! Kenda K-254?

And it's still scratch free

Stock Monster tire is CST C117 2.75-17

IMG_20200715_094653

Edited by Dancer
Add tire type
  • Like 1

Many thanks guys, since posting I've gotten a puncture so I may as well replace the tyre at the same time but struggling to find anywhere in the UK that has any in stock :(

Anyone able to point me to a site that has any in the UK please?  (I need 16 x 2.125)

Many thanks :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/16/2020 at 6:52 PM, CharlesRomer said:

What about an inmotion v8 should I buy the same branded tyre or something else?

V8 doesn’t have much room for the tire, so your best bet is another 1.95” wide tire. If you want to try if a 2.125” would fit, I’d go with the narrowest ones, like CST C-1488 or maybe some Kenda.

• 2 months later...