Sore feet and foot peddles

Phil Howell

On 12/4/2015, 7:24:36, NevNutz said:

Wow, pricy. Yeah I hear it's costly to visit Australia. Still on my list of places to visit though.  But I'm sure pay has to be inline with the inflation of cost of products and living expenses. If not, you wouldn't be able to buy anything right?

We were very surprised on our recent visit to Hawaii, (which was were I saw my first EUC and got the bug to get one) that a lot of things were cheap but the wages were low.

We were talking to a couple from the US and mentioned that we both work in schools. I'm a school handyman a bit like a US janitor I suppose, but I don' t clean anything my wife does Admin in a preschool. When we mentioned our wages their mouths dropped open I'm on $50K and my wife is on $51K AU per year I get 32 days paid holidays per yr and my wife gets 10 weeks paid holidays per yr.

They said that their daughter has two masters degrees and has been teaching for 10 yrs and doesn't make that much.

They also said all her pay and $300US of her husbands pay per month goes to pay their medical insurance. It cost them $65K US when her son broke his arm.

We don't have medical insurance all treatment in public hospitals is free in Australia.

As for prices over here, a Beer will cost you about $7 a normal pizza will cost about $5 from Dominos, a Hamburger about $5, average ctn of beer in cans about $45, Cars are expensive a cheap Hyundai will start at about $16 K and a good Ute or 4X4 will be about $65K family cars are about $35K all in AU. Travel is expensive to anywhere because of distance. As for driving I can drive north about 10 hours in one direction and 8 hours south in the opposite direction and still be in my state NSW and it's not the biggest one,  a lot of people would commute 100 klms to work each day.

• 2 weeks later...

in regards the sore feet, this seems to help
Dr scholl's custom fit orthotic inserts, I have tried them for short distances and it seems to work, the real test will be when I use them for a long distance.

They are a little expensive.

Archived