New want to be EU user - ordered yesterday (IPS Zero)

viti

Hi All,

I'm new to EU's and have to have one. I have been enthusiastically doing my research about EU's the last week or so.

Fortunately found this forum with you all.

Thanks for having the possibility to participate from your experience. ...

You really prevented me from buying just the next cheap EU!

I did my research and ordered yesterday at: http://www.electricunicycleonline.com.

I ordered an IPS Zero , 260 Wh. for 456 EUR + 145 EUR shipping with FedEx. (I'm in Germany)

Now I have to wait  ...

Regards

viti

Don't want to scare ya. But i have ordered at the same company. Just got a mail back that mine unicycle cant go into Europe, the Netherlands. I hope things go wright for you and everything. Here is start they sent. 

Dear xxx , Sorry for disturbing you. We just got news from UPS that the strict customs of EU in these days, your package have been on the way of sending back. We are looking for other logistics for now, any news we got, we will email you. Sorry again for the inconvenience. Any question, please contact us. Have a nice day! 

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at support@electricunicycleonline.com or by phone at .

Thank you again, Electric Unicycle

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

yesterday my EUC arrived. Delivery via UPS.

Everythings fine. No additional cost. My order took only 15 days to delivery.

Today I've started learning ...

It's much fun ... even when, after trying for an hour or so, I suppose it will take me a few hours trying to learn.

Regards

Viti

3 hours ago, viti said:

Hi All,

yesterday my EUC arrived. Delivery via UPS.

Everythings fine. No additional cost. My order took only 15 days to delivery.

Today I've started learning ...

It's much fun ... even when, after trying for an hour or so, I suppose it will take me a few hours trying to learn.

Regards

Viti

Have fun!  The IPS Zero was also my very first wheel.  Got a few scratches on the side of the foodpedals from learning. :) Yesterday I just unlocked the 30km/h.  Don't think I will be using it though.  I never go that fast. 

Congratulations on the arrival! 

I'm a bit in the same situation...wating for my Zero to arrive.

I ordered the model with 340 battery on 3th of december from the factory itself and I'm based in Belgium. 

I hope to get is this week so I can become real part of the brotherhood. Or am I already enlisted if my order is on the way? :-

I want to inform you shortly about my advances riding the EUC:

I practised riding for about 5 to 6 single hours now.

First 3 to 4 hours I went with the 12 Km/h limit and used a wall to mount.

(This is the phase when you think you will never learn :-)   )

The last two days I went to a big parking area (no cars around).

I set the speed limit to 20 Km/h and rode ~ 18 Km/h a few times when tiltback of the Uni hit. (It seems to me, that this is pretty much enough speed with a uni and even when my IPS Zero should do more (after unlocking) I think I will not need that.

Today I practised especially mounting/dismounting without holding on to something.

I ALWAYS ride with protection gear, as does my EUC: I used the tip somewhere in the forum and taped a towel round the EUC to prevent scratches for the first time.

Till today I have ridden a total of 28 Km with the uni.

I think my driving is pretty much ok. now. Sure there will be more practising for getting more secure.

Viti

Have you ridden on the road yet?  I have now more than 50km on it and haven't even taken out on the road yet.  Also don't need to since I always have my car.  I always ride in the forest. 

Yes I agree about the speed.  When you think about it, 15-18km is not that fast but when you're on an EU you really have the impression you go much faster than that.  I already unlocked the speed to go 30km but I set it at 25km.  I don't reach 22-25 km yet and I don't think I ever will.  Maybe to test it out little but for me 15-18km is more than enough for me. 

You will find out the longer you ride the faster you will go.  I have my comfort zone.  And  my son has commented before about me riding slow. Yesterday during a ride I  told him I noticed he wasn't bothered by my slow riding today.  His response was something alone the lines of... because your not riding slow today Dad.   I told him he could speed ahead, and come back like he always did.  His reply was.   "I would if I wasn't already going about as fast as I can".  So for sometime I've been riding at a good speed and haven't noticed it.  I've been riding in my Comfort zone, and the speed has been increasing by itself..

On 27-11-2015 at 0:12 AM, triad88 said:

Don't want to scare ya. But i have ordered at the same company. Just got a mail back that mine unicycle cant go into Europe, the Netherlands. I hope things go wright for you and everything. Here is start they sent. 

@triad88 today I received similar message from iamips in china and i'm based in belgium. 

Was your case solved?

I recived the zero allready, but took a month or so. But i recived the wrong battery i ordered a 260 but recived a 240,  less quality i think and much cheaper. The company did some paperwork and it got a go to enter europe. But dont know if they lie or not, bc i dont trust them after this battery incident. 

The company is now looking for a solution about the battery. 

But i think after all the terrorist attacks and stuff and hazardous cheap battery caught fire. The shipping companies have stricken the rules about batteries. But i am not sure. 

I am in the Netherlands. 

• 2 weeks later...

just want to update you all with my advances on the IPS Zero (240 Wh)

I have a total of 65 Km now.

To give you a few data: (All wheel data according to the Android App)

My weight is 100 KG, with gear and stuff 110 KG for the wheel.

Yesterday's ride:

10 Km, hilly environment, good street condition, travelling with a few breaks.

reached the 50 Km overall distance while riding and could unlock the wheel to 30 Km (speed limint set to 25 Km for now).

while Kickback with 20 Km limit sets in at about 17, 18 Km, Kickback with 25 Km limit comes at about 23, 24 Km.

Rode only a few short distances with 23, 24 Km/h. No Problems with the Uni.

Mainly moving with 14 to 18 Km/h sometimes 20 Km/h.

Only intentionally tested the 25 Km/h limit.

Battery was down to about 20% after the ride. - more below

Today's ride:

12 Km, flat environment, good and rough street conditions, travelling constantly only 2 minor breaks.

on the rough street I felt obliged to reduce my speed to only about 8 to 12 Km/h.

Street with good condition: speed about 15 to 18 Km/h.

Battery down to 26% - more below.

Steady Engine power consumption according to App (flat, good street):

at 12 to 15 Km/h: about 40 to 50 %

at 18 to 20 Km/h: about 50 to 60%

After the rides I have to say:

I'm a bit disappointed from the hill climbing abilities of the device. (Sure I'm heavy).

But when climbing it slowes down to nearly (slow) walking speed I feel a unicycle is 'nearly useless'. (maybe I expected to much here. But when you see the videos of slender Asians climbing steep ramps you expect much. :(

And yes: It was necessary to make a break after or in between climbing to let the battery recover.

I also have to state: Watch your battery! Especially when I tried to climb with a battery below 30% the Battery Capacity (as stated in the thread 'IPS ZERO Review' started by @micro this is actually only Battery Voltage and not capacity) I could see the Battery voltage go down abruptly!

I also could experience the 'grinding noise' two times. - First trying to climb too steep, and second time trying a bit 'off-road' driving. - Both times only at very slow speeds. As I knew what was about to happen I got of the wheel immediately. (The wheel is not able to keep you stabilized.)

Remarks:

@Colestien: you were right! I' have become used to higher speeds already ;) The earlier limit of 20 Km/h (with Kickback at 17, 18 Km) started to annoy me. - So I set the speed limit to 25 Km/h for now.

@all: Now I understand when you recommend to buy the biggest Battery one can afford. - I calculated roughly that with my Zero I could go about a 14 Km distance (with 10% Battery reserve). That is not much for a 'Sunday trip'.

I have realized as others in this forum before me, that you probably do want to avoid if possible to go below 20 or 30% Battery capacity on a ride.

As I have no access to other Unicycles I unfortunately can not compare the Performance of Zero to other devices.

Archived