Jump to content
Vulkov

WARNING KINGSONG PRODUCTS

Recommended Posts

We ordered through Chicway and were assured by its representative, Unicycle Freedom, that we would not be shipped a P series wheel.  Will update when it arrives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought my ks 16x from Chickway in February and got P in the serial number...I was wise not to install/use KS app(after unlocking speed - long 200km with 20km/h limit) but anyway contacted KS to put my S/N to white list - we will see. Yes support is not that quick waiting similar way like Antec...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ZbigPL0 said:

Bought my ks 16x from Chickway in February and got P in the serial number...I was wise not to install/use KS app(after unlocking speed - long 200km with 20km/h limit) but anyway contacted KS to put my S/N to white list - we will see. Yes support is not that quick waiting similar way like Antec...

200 km? its 5 km with the 16X lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rywokast said:

200 km? its 5 km with the 16X lol

as Im aware thats the case for the EU/US versions and the Chinese version you first need to do 200km with 20kmh limit to unlock the speed...

Ok My wheel is whitelisted by King-song at least this(it took few hours but was done less than 24h). Now I need to perform a test and I'm bit afraid :P

 

Best regards to all contributors of this thread loads of helpful info here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ZbigPL0 said:

as Im aware thats the case for the EU/US versions and the Chinese version you first need to do 200km with 20kmh limit to unlock the speed...

Ok My wheel is whitelisted by King-song at least this(it took few hours but was done less than 24h). Now I need to perform a test and I'm bit afraid :P

 

Best regards to all contributors of this thread loads of helpful info here.

really? the hell why do they hate people in their own country haha.. nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ZbigPL0 said:

as Im aware thats the case for the EU/US versions and the Chinese version you first need to do 200km with 20kmh limit to unlock the speed...

AFAIK there is no difference between domestic/international wheel versions in how the speed cap works:

  • speed cap of 20 km/h is active for first 5 km of total mileage;
  • speed cap of 40 km/h is active between 5 km and 200 km of total mileage;
  • when  200 km speed cap is lifted off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Seba said:

AFAIK there is no difference between domestic/international wheel versions in how the speed cap works:

  • speed cap of 20 km/h is active for first 5 km of total mileage;
  • speed cap of 40 km/h is active between 5 km and 200 km of total mileage;
  • when  200 km speed cap is lifted off.

from my experience 16" and smaller wheels are 5 km until you unlock max speed, and the 18L is 200 km to unlock max speed but you can do 40 immediately on it.. sounds like there must be differences :blink1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2020 at 1:00 PM, Seba said:

AFAIK there is no difference between domestic/international wheel versions in how the speed cap works:

  • speed cap of 20 km/h is active for first 5 km of total mileage;
  • speed cap of 40 km/h is active between 5 km and 200 km of total mileage;
  • when  200 km speed cap is lifted off.

Hi Sebastian, Ok maybe that was the case...My "Friend" told me to do 200km before removing speed limit or it wont work :) But I belive it was becase of what you wrote.Dzieki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Manual from 16X says:
"0~200km: 40km/h"

limit.jpg

The different recently purchased from China:
"0~10km: 40km/h"

limit-Kamila2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PeWoo said:

Manual from 16X says:
"0~200km: 40km/h"

limit.jpg

The different recently purchased from China:
"0~10km: 40km/h"

limit-Kamila2.jpg

This is just firmware related no magic here. Newer firmware shorter Km/miles to full unlock. Potencialy you seller can unlock 16X by softutner out of box to 50km/h like i have when i open box(i ask seler about this becasue is not my first EUC ). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, anty said:

Hi guys found this thread while I was searching for the community opinions regarding incredible impudence of the kingsong company. I also bought my wheel in China, I accepted the fact that I will have literally ZERO support and warranty for it. But kingsong stepped even further, they not only took my money but they bricked ON PURPOSE my OWN property!!! 

Support replied that providing a serial number is not enough for them and they need a bill to unlock my wheel. What a f*uck? Am I obligated to store my bills now or am I asking to replace a faulty wheel by warranty??? 

I already unlocked the wheel myself. It is pretty easy to do without any extra tools. All you need to unlock a wheel just roll it while you're switching it on. After that launch official app it will beep continuously but app won't be closed. Kingsong was "smart" enough to not lock wheels on the move to not literally kill us! Just use that knowledge to press unlock button, close app and freeze or delete it forever.

I really pissed with current situation and hope kingsong will be wiped our from the market as a company. 

P. S. If kingsong decide to block moving wheels this will be just a genocide for our own money. 

Where did you the wheel from? a screenshot of  the order will be fine if ordered from Aliexpress etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Antec said:

Where did you the wheel from? a screenshot of  the order will be fine if ordered from Aliexpress etc

I got it from aliexpress by directly contacting Rockwheel Store. There were no lot on aliexpress and no screenshots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, anty said:

I got it from aliexpress by directly contacting Rockwheel Store. There were no lot on aliexpress and no screenshots. 

how did you pay? if paypal then the screenshot of the payment may be ok?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Antec said:

how did you pay? if paypal then the screenshot of the payment may be ok?

dunno, why on earth i have to prove something for thing which I bought? I can imagine a good idea would be to track stolen wheels in such way. But fight with own customers is a most stupid thing!!! 

I have just unlocked my wheel updated it to 2.03 locked and unlocked it again. If someone will have same issues just drop me a message and I'll try to help.

@Jack King Song i hope you have influence inside of kingsong and you can convince people at kingsong not to behave this way. Otherwise next step will be alternative firmware and software for kingsong wheels which will open the Pandora box and trigger a countdown for kingsong as a company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2020 at 7:00 PM, Seba said:

AFAIK there is no difference between domestic/international wheel versions in how the speed cap works:

  • speed cap of 20 km/h is active for first 5 km of total mileage;
  • speed cap of 40 km/h is active between 5 km and 200 km of total mileage;
  • when  200 km speed cap is lifted off.

That's not accurate, please have a look at the document I made here:
https://imgur.com/a/XFNp2Xa
 

 

 

10km will allow full speed to be unlocked, otherwise you can ride at 33km/h (you have to set it in app) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jack King Song said:

10km will allow full speed to be unlocked, otherwise you can ride at 33km/h (you have to set it in app) 

Thank you for updating my knowledge about recent firmware changes :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Seba said:

Thank you for updating my knowledge about recent firmware changes :)

True. I was able to change the speed limits in KS app before 200km mileage (so the manual info was wrong). It was not possible in EUCWorld app (40km/h limit).

Not sure why, but one option is not working on my 16X -> saying messages/alarms instead of beeping, it works for me as "turned off alarms".
I'm still on fw 1.07 to get use to it before will upgrade to 2.02. If it matters in case of some settings... btw, do we have somewhere any changelog between KS fws?

@Seba, by default the volume level of BT speaker is set somewhere in the middle, there is no possibility to increase it in EUC World app. Just quick tip for potential improvement if possible.
So in summary I needed to open KS app to set 2 options which were not possible to set in EUCWorld: BT vol level and speed limits above 40km/h.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jack King Song said:

That's not accurate, please have a look at the document I made here:
https://imgur.com/a/XFNp2Xa
 

 

 

10km will allow full speed to be unlocked, otherwise you can ride at 33km/h (you have to set it in app) 

Is that also the case for wheels bought in China(grey import)? As we were referring here in this thread that this unlock speed limit distance is different between china and Global wheels...

eq eu/us its 5-10km

      chn its 200km

to unlock full speed 50km/h

 

@PeWooare you a member of Polish Monocycle group/Messager chat? always happy to find a local soul :)

Edited by ZbigPL0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ZbigPL0 said:

Is that also the case for wheels bought in China(grey import)? As we were referring here in this thread that this unlock speed limit distance is different between china and Global wheels...

eq eu/us its 5-10km

      chn its 200km

to unlock full speed 50km/h

 

@PeWooare you a member of Polish Monocycle group/Messager chat? always happy to find a local soul :)

I have not been notified of otherwise. I've tested Chinese units here at King Song and they perform the same. If you had a different experience it was probably due to an old firmware on an older wheel. None of the new wheels or latest firmwares have that 200km requirement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ZbigPL0 said:

@PeWooare you a member of Polish Monocycle group/Messager chat? always happy to find a local soul :)

Monocykle Elektryczne Polska :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 9/16/2020 at 11:58 PM, PeWoo said:

Monocykle Elektryczne Polska :)

 

Ahh right I know you from the chat so u got 16x now, good choice ;) added you to 16x Polish owners club ;) 

On 9/16/2020 at 1:53 PM, Jack King Song said:

I have not been notified of otherwise. I've tested Chinese units here at King Song and they perform the same. If you had a different experience it was probably due to an old firmware on an older wheel. None of the new wheels or latest firmwares have that 200km requirement. 

Yes probably Firmware was the case :) 

I just updated to 2.02(from 1.07) now after my SN was whitelisted by KS(earlier I was affraid to even install the KS app)...this wheel blocking caused some stress for me :P did not knew this was included in the package.

A newbie from our chat bought a wheel before this locking was announced in june/july he received wheel not so long ago of course his wheel was locked and KS told him to go to his seller...this did not worked out...so this is in progress with some other solutions but bad blood is hard to wash...

 

Edited by ZbigPL0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Peters said:

Terrible business practice Kingsong !
You are punishing your fans and loyal followers.
If you have problems with your distribution network then you should target fixing that aspect of your business NOT the innocent bystanders who only want to become your loyal followers... instead you punish them by disabling their wheels purchased with their hard earned money and trusting in your products.

Your policy in targeting consumers instead of distributors/retailers will lead to end users seeking refuge with your competitors (inmotion, Gotway, Ninebot, Veteran, etc.), who seem to value and respect their loyal consumers by respecting their purchases.... as im sure they are also experiencing similar distribution/retail channel challenges as you.

Sad to say, my next purchase and my recommendation to my EUC community will be Gotway, Inmotion, Ninebot or Veteran only.
Kingsong you have really killed and burned your fan base very badly!
We will Never forget this and will let everyone know what you did!
 

There are two sides to every story and not every situation is the same, so we should not generalize this to every consumer and situation.

I have full understanding of what LockSong is doing but I may not agree to how they have implemented this. The good news is that they are working with consumers on a case by case basis to resolve their locking issues on "illegally" imported goods.

I have yet to see the following situation:

  1. Someone buys a KS wheel with the "P" designation in the serialnumber from china and self-imports the wheel to EU/US
  2. Said person pays all import duties and VAT
  3. Said person gets wheel locked remotely by KS
  4. Said person show proof of duty & VAT payments 

Most situations skip step 2 and 4 in this scenario, thus they have taken a risk of buying a geo-locked wheel and in my book they can blame themselves for doing a grey import of a device that was ment for another market only. The responsibility is on the reseller, and you can always get a refund if your device is locked.

I have a similar situation with my Toyota Prius that I legally imported from the US to EU. The navigation system in the car needs a map update as it only has the north american map from the factory. Toyota Europe refuses to sell me the map update as the car was not bought in Europe. I think it is shitty practice, but I can not 100% blame them for their policy. This situation is VERY similar.

Manufacturers get away with this because they have a product that the consumer wants. I do not think LockSongs practices will have a long lasting effect on the consumer behavior.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, FinRider said:

Manufacturers get away with this because they have a product that the consumer wants. I do not think LockSongs practices will have a long lasting effect on the consumer behavior.

Its had a long lasting effect on this customer. I no longer look at that brand while considering the next wheel. I patron locally when possible. This includes paying a 3rd party to handle the taxes and mediate the warranty. I've yet to ever import things from grey markets and I can't justify doing so. I guess Toyota is off my list now too. Sucks because I used to swear by Locksong and Toyota. If consumers continue to buy from companies that practice this kind of thing, I get to blame THEM and the company.  Gotway and Veteran are looking REALLY good nowadays, as with automobiles that arent part of the borg system of thinking. Fukn criminals and their tax evasion in order to buy shit cheap. It is at least fun to listen how intelligent people claim ignorance when it comes to taxes, imports and their wallets.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...