What temperature can the motor heat up to?

ninebot one p

What is the max temperature a Ninebot One e+ can operate at. I think I was getting an over heating warning. I was beeping and flashing red lights on the lower half. I was practicing going back ward. So lot of fast stops. Not much backward yet. when I finally got the App sync to the Ninebot One e+ n20 Firmware 1.2.7, which was about four minutes after stopping, it read 155F/68C..After about five or six  minutes it went green and stopped beeping. I tried turning it off on several time at first sign of beeping.Hoping to stop the beeping but it did not stop it.

20 minutes later happed again. I started riding at about 105F/40.6C then started to beep at 158.4F/70.2C about ten minutes later. I am at about 42% charge on the battery

I dont know the temp at which iverheating alarm comes on on ninebot but from what you are describing its around 65 to 70C

kingsongs overheating alarm comes on at 70

i dont think remaining battery level  or which way you are going backwards or forwards have much to do with this. However when going backwards, if you make sudden stops or keep going back and forth, this will have a tremendous effect. Eegeel overheats very fast when going a short distance back and forth repeatedly as you will be accelerating and braking fast in order to stay upright. 

It appears ninebot behaves much like kingsong. It keeps beeping after overheating even if you turn it off and on again as long as the temp. Is above threshold. However kingsong also tilts back and forth to make it impossible to ride, and i love this feature as it forces you to get off the wheel. Kingsong will keep beeping and tilting back and forth whenever unit it on, until temp. Has gone down, . Ninebot beeps are low quiet you wont even hear them in traffic. This is first account of ninebot overheating that ive seen

35 minutes ago, Cloud said:

However when going backwards, if you make sudden stops or keep going back and forth, this will have a tremendous effect. Eegeel overheats very fast when going a short distance back and forth repeatedly as you will be accelerating and braking fast in order to stay upright. 

Yes that what I been doing lots fast stops.

9 minutes ago, ninebot one p said:

Yes that what I been doing lots fast stops.

Getting going from standstill (and thus, changing direction, because the motor stops for a brief moment) and strong braking are both situations where lots of current is flowing  (either to or from battery) through the motor and the driving bridge, and that's what creates large amounts of heat. Likely the temperature is measured near the mosfets, and 70C does sound high, considering that the max temperature suggested by the datasheets inside the junction is usually something like 175C (that's inside the plastic case of the mosfets, if it's 70C outside + however far the sensor is, you can bet it's a lot more inside).

Archived