P Owners- What speeds are you hitting?

Paulandjacquelyn

I have pushed my #N10 P to 12-13 mph but am being careful since I've only been on an eu for a week. 

When I hold the wheel up off the ground and tilt it forward, gradually bringing the speed up when it hits 14.5 mph I get a beep and at 15 mph the wheel shoots to top speed and stays there until I tilt it sideways or push the power button. Seems like it would cause a wreck if I was riding it when that happened? Or would it tilt back instead of shooting to top speed?

23 hours ago, Vanopolis said:

I have pushed my #N10 P to 12-13 mph but am being careful since I've only been on an eu for a week. 

When I hold the wheel up off the ground and tilt it forward, gradually bringing the speed up when it hits 14.5 mph I get a beep and at 15 mph the wheel shoots to top speed and stays there until I tilt it sideways or push the power button. Seems like it would cause a wreck if I was riding it when that happened? Or would it tilt back instead of shooting to top speed?

It will tilt back before hitting the top speed. If it's low on battery and you push it too much though the motor may not be able to catch you it'll give out.

Just did a test with mine and the MAX I could hit, with beeping and kickback was 27kph or 16.7 mph. Typically I could only get 26kph or 16mph. I'm a 175 lb rider. I went flat out several times just to be sure, and i'd say that reliably I could get 26kph. That means you can ride comfortably at about 15mph with no kickback.

2 hours ago, drmrw said:

Just did a test with mine and the MAX I could hit, with beeping and kickback was 27kph or 16.7 mph. Typically I could only get 26kph or 16mph. I'm a 175 lb rider. I went flat out several times just to be sure, and i'd say that reliably I could get 26kph. That means you can ride comfortably at about 15mph with no kickback.

Nice speeds.  I need just 2 or 3 above e to feel safe on streets

I just got my P today and took it out for a few miles.  Compared to my E+, it is certainly faster.  On the Ninebot app, it showed I was hitting 16 MPH momentarily and it did feel faster.    On the last mile, I started recording the activity on my Garmin Fenix 3 watch.    I am disappointed with the results.  Both were recorded with the same watch in one second intervals.  While it does feel faster, it isn't showing that it IS faster.  It will certainly accelerate faster.  I'm not sure if I was holding back too much or if I was hitting the limit but I felt I was riding at the limit.  I will have to go on another ride tomorrow to see if I get the same results.

E+ ride.   Max speed 14.7 MPH.  Avg Speed 12.5 MPH

565e56cc625bb_Garminride-1.3firmware.PNG

Ninebot One P ride.  Max speed 14.9 MPH.  Avg Speed 13.6 MPH.

565e56f32faa8_NinebotOnePride1.thumb.PNG

6 hours ago, Cloud said:

Why are you uncertain if this was the speed limit? Woukdnt there be tiltback at the speed limit? If you didnt get the tiltback, it probably isnt the limit?

Three reasons. 

1. There is a 'super speed' (don't recall the exact wording) option in the Ninebot app that I saw.  In the Ninedroid app, it is in Chinese.  I didn't have this enabled and want to see if this makes a difference
    Screenshot_20151201-184738.thumb.png.1e2
  2. It felt faster but the numbers don't match my feeling.  I have to believe the empirical data over my feeling so want to make sure I wasn't subconsciously holding back on speed due to being used to riding the E+.
  3. The Ninedroid app numbers didn't agree with the GPS data.  I would give more weight to the GPS data but another run will help determine if Ninebot is providing inaccurate, misleading numbers.

I have definitive speed for mine.  I attached a Garmin Virb Elite GPS camera to my P and took it out for a short bit.  You can see the video with the speed overlay.  Basically I was able to briefly get above 16MPH as I got tilted back.  If you look and listen closely, you can tell when I'm getting tiltback.  

566214c78e40a_Camerarig.jpg.1875561b1248

11 hours ago, Cranium said:

I have definitive speed for mine.  I attached a Garmin Virb Elite GPS camera to my P and took it out for a short bit.  You can see the video with the speed overlay.  Basically I was able to briefly get above 16MPH as I got tilted back.  If you look and listen closely, you can tell when I'm getting tiltback.  

Great video Cranium - I was looking at that camera earlier in the year and liked the idea of the 'dashboard' overlay function, will have to add it to my Chrimble list ;)

Speed looks pretty exciting too - don't suppose you got any idea of what the app was telling you while you were riding during this time?

11 hours ago, DangerousDick said:

don't suppose you got any idea of what the app was telling you while you were riding during this time?

I saw the app peak out at 18MPH with the tilt back starting at 16MPH.

2 hours ago, Cloud said:

While tilting you still have an ability to go faster right? For a coupke of seconds? If so then reaching 17mph momentarily is quite possible

I supposed but I don't push it.  I did inadvertently get the beeping after the tilt back on more than one occasion but when I get tilt back, I start slowing down.  I have no desire to face plant. :)

I should have posted this yesterday.  This goes along with the video I did and shows a speed spike of 19.2 MPH.  Since this was after a tilt back condition where I slowed down to 15 MPH and sped back up rapidly, it could be a speed overshoot or it could be an erroneous reading.  It happens at about 1:30 in the video (I trimmed the first few seconds off in the video that you see here).

566362187fd06_NinebotOnePride2.thumb.PNG

Archived