Shoe insert Insoles

Pretty straight forward, i'm looking for some insert to lower the feet pain you get over long ride.

Any recommandation from people who solved this issue?

EDIT fuck... wrong section... Can someone delete or move that to equipement? Thanks

Edited by Dubardo
wrong sub
  • Like 1

Which sub-forum do you wish to have it moved under?

My experience on insoles is that they are extremely dependent on the exact types of the shoe as well as the foot. One rider’s salvation is another’s torture. For me the shape and location of the arch support is very important, others don’t need any arch support. Soft shoes require a firmer insole, hard does require a soft insole to help with fatigue. And so on.

21 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Which sub-forum do you wish to have it moved under?

My experience on insoles is that they are extremely dependent on the exact types of the shoe as well as the foot. One rider’s salvation is another’s torture. For me the shape and location of the arch support is very important, others don’t need any arch support. Soft shoes require a firmer insole, hard does require a soft insole to help with fatigue. And so on.

I wanted to post in Riding Safety and Protective Gear
Thx

On 7/27/2020 at 2:12 AM, Jonathan Taylor said:

I use dr. scholl's with my converse shoes for riding and it has helped reduce foot pain.

I've always worn converse and can't hardly wear anything else, I'm gonna try the Dr scholl's👌

I’ve been using Sole Support orthotic insoles for many years.  They were custom made for my feet.  I remove the insole from my boots and shoes and insert the orthotic insole.  I have high arches and these custom-fitted orthotics keep my feet happy.

They are pricey, but the feet are the foundation for everything we do, every day.  I tried some off-the-shelf orthotics and they didn’t work for me.  Like many things, you get what you pay for...

Always ride so you can ride another day

I just came across Remind Insoles and decided to order some for the Vans I use for skateboarding. I can't ride my EUC for long before it gets unpleasant, so I'll give them a go when riding and see if it feels better.

I've tried using some medical insoles with arch support etc, and that was horrible. Both feet hurt so much I had to stop and remove them after less than 2km.

• Like 1

Try moving your feet around a bit, il will be easier as you get more time on the wheel. Front back, lift ankle, etc, you can make a little workout on the go. I do up to 200km a day like that, no foot pain from the small (stock) 18XL pedals.

(If guess it’s been said before but the point remains. Same for the rest of the body BTW)

edit: if anything I get foot pain when using new stiff shoes. Even if there was an ideal position it would be inferior to variation.

Edited by null
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Kai Drange said:

I just came across Remind Insoles and decided to order some for the Vans I use for skateboarding. I can't ride my EUC for long before it gets unpleasant, so I'll give them a go when riding and see if it feels better.

I've tried using some medical insoles with arch support etc, and that was horrible. Both feet hurt so much I had to stop and remove them after less than 2km.

Professionally-fitted orthotics should be worn for only 20 minutes a day at first. During that time it feels like golf balls under your feet.  This is normal. In time the feet get accustomed to the orthotic and you don’t notice them.  Orthotics are designed to correct a foot issue, no pain, no gain.  Orthotics will prevent conditions such as plantar fasciitis (sp?) which is very painful. 

6 hours ago, null said:

Try moving your feet around a bit, il will be easier as you get more time on the wheel. Front back, lift ankle, etc, you can make a little workout on the go. I do up to 200km a day like that, no foot pain from the small (stock) 18XL pedals.

(If guess it’s been said before but the point remains. Same for the rest of the body BTW)

I’ve seen videos of riders doing this as they ride.  It makes sense to move the stress around to different muscle groups.  It makes a better workout of it.  I’m not there yet but I plan to be,

Always ride so you can ride another day

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 4:25 AM, null said:

edit: if anything I get foot pain when using new stiff shoes. Even if there was an ideal position it would be inferior to variation.

Doing that helps a lot, I like to walk at red light too. But i still get fatigue after 40km and with fatigue comes errors and crashes. Feet pain seems to be a common issue with sedentary lifestyle and people that work sitted.

10 hours ago, Dubardo said:

Doing that helps a lot, I like to walk at red light too. But i still get fatigue after 40km and with fatigue comes errors and crashes. Feet pain seems to be a common issue with sedentary lifestyle and people that work sitted.

I'm sure it can be a problem for people who dont get enough motion, but in that case I believe the pain comes more from lack of motion rather that lack of an ideal position. Framing (like an insole or rising sole edges) tries to make an optimal pressure and position for the foot, but with the downside of restricting motion (due to structure). As mentioned I'll get riding cramps in new stiff shoes, because I can't move as easily. Not saying you can't go for insoles, but I believe it's reducing the symptoms rather that addressing the issue.

As for sedentary lifestyle I've worked home office for years, and in a general sense, believe motion is more important than optimal position..
To each their preferences of course.

One could say this thread is about insoles and not about reducing fot pain, in which case my post is off topic 🤷 :)

Edited by null