My V11 Trials, Tribulations, and Triumphs

Marty Backe

48 minutes ago, Unventor said:

It wasn't that long in Chooch Techs hands this time. 

I don't think it fit his style of riding - too sedate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

The wheel is now totally unresponsive. Can't turn it on. A couple of times I've seen a brief flash of the battery indicator, but nothing.

Bummer. I wonder if the preproduction demo has a special firmware that wasn’t thought of when making the update. I’m sure you’ll soon reach the great guys at Inmotion to sort this up, let us know how it unravels.

Or does the V11 maybe boot up enough to be connected to with the app if you plug it in a charger?

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Bummer. I wonder if the preproduction demo has a special firmware that wasn’t thought of when making the update. I’m sure you’ll soon reach the great guys at Inmotion to sort this up, let us know how it unravels.

Or does the V11 maybe boot up enough to be connected to with the app if you plug it in a charger?

Trying to find some someone at Inmotion that'll help. I've opened the wheel and disconnected the batteries. After ~20-minutes reconnected but still nothing. There are blinking LED's on the control board but that's it.

2 hours ago, Inmotion Global said:

Hi Marty,

Have you cancelled the transport mode when you get the wheel? 

I was riding the wheel before I did the firmware update. So it certainly was not in transport mode.

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I was riding the wheel before I did the firmware update.

Soooo... while you're waiting for the wheel to be fixed or getting a new wheel, why don't you give us your first impression from the ride you got to make? :)

• Like 2

Ran into a similar issue with my former V10 recently. Ran original firmware forever, but decided to update prior to selling. After successful firmware update the wheel went limp. It took several calibration attempts to get it back to normal. Probably will not apply to a beta V11...

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Ran into a similar issue with my former V10 recently. Ran original firmware forever, but decided to update prior to selling. After successful firmware update the wheel went limp. It took several calibration attempts to get it back to normal. Probably will not apply to a beta V11...

Yeah. When you can't turn the wheel on (nothing, no lights, no sounds - dead) it's hard to roll-back the firmware, do a calibration, etc.

32 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Soooo... while you're waiting for the wheel to be fixed or getting a new wheel, why don't you give us your first impression from the ride you got to make? :)

5-minutes just isn't enough. I can say it's not tall feeling like the KS18S, which I was a little worried about. Felt like a normal wheel from that perspective.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fbhb said:

@Marty Backe You gonna have to stop breaking all these demo wheels you get, or Jason will take you off the testing roster!!! :laughbounce2:

Or a new test badge as: ridged design made för the US arms use. 

Or in the line....in Martys hand and feel för 2 wheels only this broke down...1)... 2)...15)....

:w00t2:

• Like 1

Im really looking forward to hear your take on the suspension wheels so dont keep us in suspense....Very few people can compare wheels the way you can. To me it seems KS s18 is for oof roading and V11 is for more of an all round wheel.  BUt Im looking forward to hear your ideas aoubt the 3 suspensions wheels on the marked

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Im really looking forward to hear your take on the suspension wheels so dont keep us in suspense....Very few people can compare wheels the way you can. To me it seems KS s18 is for oof roading and V11 is for more of an all round wheel.  BUt Im looking forward to hear your ideas aoubt the 3 suspensions wheels on the marked

I only think there are two...

Yes GW is brewing something but is it ready yet?

I don't this you can compare the V11  vs KS S18. There are too many differences for them to suit same purpose.

The only thing the really share is suspension and tire size. What they are made to do is for 2 different ride styles and scenario.

Edited by Unventor

6 hours ago, Inmotion Global said:

Just confirmed with our lead of the app team, the demo wheel is not supporting the new firmware. We will sent the older firmware to Marty tomorrow so he can run the hill test soon. @Marty Backe

Thank you. So this is interesting; the control board hardware is different between the demo unit and production. I wonder what was changed. And I wonder how the new firmware is installed since it seems unresponsive to the power button.

Anxiously awaiting instructions :popcorn:

Yes indeed the 3 suspensions wheels are very different, so you cant really compare. However Im only buying one of them, which one should it be?  So instead of pros and cons on one wheel to me its the money that makes me decide to buy only one of the three. Prob for moderat off roading in the forrest, Im not a speed freak. If I were Id go for Sherman prob. There will be more suspension wheels in the future I guess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

And I wonder how the new firmware is installed since it seems unresponsive to the power button.

Probably by utilizing the USB port. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Status Update

Inmotion (@Liam Zeng) was very helpful in getting me to recover the original firmware. I can attach to the wheel and get status information, etc. but the wheel remains totally unresponsive.

With the electronics uncovered you can see a lot of activity (unlike other wheels, the Inmotion control board has lots of little status LEDs which are on and blinking in their own little language). But the power button does not bring the wheel to life. Inmotion has no idea what may be wrong.

@evX_Mick did have what I now believe to be the same problem. He was the first recipient of this wheel and at one point it would not turn on. He also disconnected the batteries and it later mysteriously turned on. This is why I'm going to try one last time tonight.

The production wheels have different control boards so whatever happened here is hopefully unique to this wheel. I've disconnected the batteries and will let it rest over night. In the morning I'll reconnect the batteries and if it still doesn't turn on I'll call an end to this test and send it back to EWheels.

I did get to ride a suspension wheel for about 2-minutes, so that was cool :thumbup: I'll probably never get to test a V11 since there was only one demo wheel available :(

• Like 3