ForwardCA guys

Paulandjacquelyn

I just visited ForwardCa's retail location and talked to two employees.  Really nice guys that actually ride NB's.  Although I could not get them to give me a better than already excellent deal :) ...I would not hesitate to buy from Jake and ForwardCa.

They had a stack of E+ N20 serials if anyone wants to grab one.   They are official dealer so no issues should there be need for followup.

Paul

I've been meaning to get over there and see what they have and test ride one to compare to my TG F3.  Spoke to them on the phone.  I'm thinking I'll be getting an E+, but I'm trying to make sure there's not a better option out there right now as the market is changing fast.  Although, at $799, they do have a great price for what you get.

I am concerned about climbing hills though.  I've got some pretty steep ones around me and I'm not sure it will suffice.  My TG F3 won't climb my driveway for instance (25 degrees), and I'd like to find something that can do that.  Not many roads are steeper than my driveway, and I can go around any that are.  I just hate to carry it up the last 200 Feet to my house after a long ride.

Yeah, I don't need the speed as I'm too old for a hard fall.  I'll get over to Fairfield soon and test ride one.  I'm sure that will be the last nail in my wallet coffin.

I did see the guy running up Powell Street in SF.  I've asked if he did any mods to it, and what version it is.  Waiting for a response.  I've walked up Powell St, and it's no joke.  If a stock E+ will do that, then I should be fine on my driveway.  Most of the driveway is 20 degrees or so, but there's a 30' section that's 25 degrees.  I weigh 160 lbs normally.

25 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Yeah, I don't need the speed as I'm too old for a hard fall.  I'll get over to Fairfield soon and test ride one.  I'm sure that will be the last nail in my wallet coffin.

I did see the guy running up Powell Street in SF.  I've asked if he did any mods to it, and what version it is.  Waiting for a response.  I've walked up Powell St, and it's no joke.  If a stock E+ will do that, then I should be fine on my driveway.  Most of the driveway is 20 degrees or so, but there's a 30' section that's 25 degrees.  I weigh 160 lbs normally.

It's the holidays, get that special gift for the people you love. LIKE YOU! :P

I think just about any EUC should be able to handle 20 degree inclines, maybe not up Pike's Peak or anything but certainly for short distances. Don't forget that an EUC has its highest torque (hill climbing ability) when turning slowly so there's no need to "get a running start" or anything like that.

Incline of 20 degrees is same as in 100 meters the incline is 44 meters... 90 degrees incline is same as in 100 meters hill goes 200 meters up... 

So with incline of 20 degrees: if ground level straight is 20 meters, hill goes up frieking 8(8,8 actually) meters... That's deep or shallow, depending your angle...

It's pretty dang steep on my driveway.  Enough we cannot drive out, if it snows, without sliding all the way to the bottom and hoping we don't go across the road and off a cliff. :o We just don't do it... 

I used the iPhone Compass app and a long stick to get my grade.  It says 20 degrees on most and 25 at the worst part.

On 11/25/2015, 5:48:41, Paulandjacquelyn said:

Those forwardca guys are great.......

I second that.  Picked up my Nb1E+ from them today in Fairfield.  Got a good deal on it and am totally excited to ride tomorrow.  Too much other stuff to do tonight...  Although, I'm sure I'll ride through the house a few times.  hehehe :D

I'd recommend finding a tennis court or somewhere you can make long straight glides without support but safety at certain lengths so that you can quickly learn how to balance.  I tried in a hallway where I could hold myself up, but found it counterproductive.  A tennis court has somewhat soft ground for falls hehe.

34 minutes ago, Patrick Carroll said:

I'd recommend finding a tennis court or somewhere you can make long straight glides without support but safety at certain lengths so that you can quickly learn how to balance.  I tried in a hallway where I could hold myself up, but found it counterproductive.  A tennis court has somewhat soft ground for falls hehe.

I practiced in a Costco parking lot and used the Shopping Cart Racks to hold onto for about 2 mins. DONE!  Practice was done on my TG F3.  Next trip was about 5 miles on a bike trail.  Only fell once trying to climb my driveway, but caught myself.  I'm comfortable enough now that I will be ok heading out on a trail with my new NB and shouldn't scratch it up.  I know, no guarantees, but I'm super careful.

27 minutes ago, FORWARD california said:

Glad we could help.  Let us know what you think about the model P.   Thanks Cranium!

I really like the feel and the look of the P. :) Have only ridden it for a few miles so far though.  But I do have some concerns that maybe you can get some clarification on from Ninebot that I expressed here:

45 minutes ago, FORWARD california said:

SuperSport we want to find out if the E+ you purchased can handle your steep drive way?   When I go out trail and off-road riding I am always amazed at the steep hills I can climb on my E+. 

I plan to try today. Yesterday, I took an almost 11 mile ride to be sure I was comfortable on it before I tried my driveway.  I don't want any scratches on it (Yes, I'm THAT Guy).

I did go up another hill near the trail-head that the TG F3 also would not climb.  The NineBot went right up!  It was about 1/4 mile varying from 10-20%.  And that was with about 20% battery left.  My driveway is a bit steeper, so I'll report back after trying it today.

One other thing.  The trail I rode yesterday is quite a climb in all.  When I reached the end, I was at 40% battery.  Half way back to the beginning, it was at 46%, and ended up at 20% at the end.  I could tell the Regenerative Braking was working well, otherwise I would have run out of juice.

Update:  Tried the driveway and NO GO.  I think it might be me though.  I bet one of you guys could do it.  The first part is the steepest and there are a couple bumps there.  The combination caused it to power down and drop me.  My first boo boo on my new wheel.  :(

I then went for a niece ride on another section of our bike trail.  Went a little over 7 miles this time with a top speed of 14.5 mph.  Practiced figure eights in the parking lot when I got back.  That's when I realized that if you don't have any scrapes on the foot pads, then you are not riding it right.  Doing Figure Eights, it touches pretty often.  I guess I'll learn to live with it, or???  To be continued...

12-2-15 NineBot.PNG   12-2-15 NineBot Map.PNG

Top Speed.PNG

Verity nice looking road strips!  And it beats the Frozen and Barbie band-aids I was going to steal from my granddaughter to put on the back side of my pedals! (ok, maybe I had a few beers this evening....) 

Cheers,

Jim

I wanted to report back that the Carbon Fiber Bumper Tape was a fantastic upgrade (See Previous Post Above).  I've hit it quite a bit and it barely shows so far.  Even if I do wear it down, the roll comes with 12 feet, so I have plenty to change it out any time I need to.

It also comes in Solid Black, Chrome, and other widths, for those that want something different.

Bumper Burn.JPG

Archived