Gotway Tesla V2 mod

Pingouin

I recently started riding an MSX after riding a Tesla v1 for 5000km. Even after 100km on the msx I still miss the tesla. It just has immediate acceleration and braking, is super nimble. I feel safe on it in really dense traffic. Without power pads it just responds to input really well and fast. I'm frustrated that I can't push the MSX hard enough without power pads. I'm not a speed demon, but I need to be nimble in traffic, not sluggish.

After I've modded the tesla with a 16x3in tire I might sell the MSX. We will see.

Edited by alcatraz

On 10/1/2021 at 3:18 PM, alcatraz said:

Besides, there are some wires from the control board that only go to a gotway bms. Can those be left unused I wonder?

That's interesting - my wheel (with the 'modified' 1500Wh pack) has no wires from the BMS to the control board other than the main power leads (+ / - via XT60).

• Like 1

Ok cool.

Over-charging on descents or low cell group voltage won't really set off any alarms in the wheel, which might be a concern.

And as Chriull pointed out. You do NOT use the output terminals on the third party bms.

Personally I find the current protection side of the bms pcb so large and annoying that I have to find space for it in the wheel when we don't even use it. I wish it was an addon that could be taken off. Like a sandwich construction. I've seen that somewhere.